1. 06-11-2020  #421

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCall View Post
    I'm still waiting for my headphones. Can't really test anything until I get them back. My speakers are pretty good, but it's hard to hear the small differences on tracks that convert well. Need the headphones for that.
    Until you get them back go get you a cheap pair from Walmart. You'll still hear what you need to while waiting on the others. They have some great sounding ones for $15 and then goes up. They don't have to be Beats or something other to do the job.

2. 06-11-2020  #422

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @djtayz believe it or not you can actually make an instrumental, then invert it to the original song you used and get a better-ish pella than either of the colabs give. Thought you might wanna play with that.

3. 06-11-2020  #423

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    @djtayz believe it or not you can actually make an instrumental, then invert it to the original song you used and get a better-ish pella than either of the colabs give. Thought you might wanna play with that.
    I just tried it but the results are the same (as expected I think), unless you mean something different.
    Combining Vocal Remover's instrumental and acapella tracks, then inverting it with the original should give you silence, that means no loss in quality

If you're referring to my last post (about the "bug"), I just wanted to say that when using shorter audio files the instrumental track adds back the vocals at the end, as supposed to having them removed completely, which I find odd

4. 06-11-2020  #424

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    I just tried it but the results are the same (as expected I think), unless you mean something different.
    Combining Vocal Remover's instrumental and acapella tracks, then inverting it with the original should give you silence, that means no loss in quality

If you're referring to my last post (about the "bug"), I just wanted to say that when using shorter audio files the instrumental track adds back the vocals at the end, as supposed to having them removed completely, which I find odd
    NO no, i mean for acapellas. I got a much more solid sounding and less squished sounding acapela by inverting the DIY instrumental to the original track. I'm thinking I will post a DIY Stem kit with pella and Instrumental and backing vocals track.

5. 07-11-2020  #425

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

You can also check my Alison Krauss post. The inverted vocals track in it was from inverting DIY instrumental into the official mix.

6. 11-11-2020  #426

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @djtayz has there been any new updates to the Google Colab yet?

7. 11-11-2020  #427

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @Anjok, would it be possible to make the GUI resizable?

8. 11-11-2020  #428

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    @djtayz has there been any new updates to the Google Colab yet?
    I'm personally not able to run the newest models that Anjok released with the most recent GUI, another version of Colab is in development though (not by me).

I will see if I can fix things, meanwhile, I'm open to any kind of requests for Colab, will try my best to implement them or think of workarounds.

9. 11-11-2020  #429

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I'm personally not able to run the newest models that Anjok released with the most recent GUI, another version of Colab is in development though (not by me).

I will see if I can fix things, meanwhile, I'm open to any kind of requests for Colab, will try my best to implement them or think of workarounds.
    Best bet on that is to work with burntscarr.

10. 12-11-2020  #430

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hi everyone.
    I have a problem. I'm using this great GUI for months. To day I installed demucs using this guide https://github.com/facebookresearch/demucs
    I didn't install python 3.7 because it is already installed. I use demucs and I think it it great too for some side but now when I try to open vocal remover the prompt appears just for a second then disappears and the gui doen's run. What happened? What can I do? I'd like to use both... please help! Thx