1. 11-12-2020  #511

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by INGSOC View Post
    WOW! 272 setting took 4 hours to finish one song for me! Anjok was not joking lol
    I have an MBPRO but running Python on Parallels VM so not much I can do about it. Doubt there will ever be a Mac version of this.
    Can't wait for advancements in the vocal making application.
    I honestly don't see much improvements for getting better quality vocals than what can already be gotten by inverting an instrumental against a full mix. To be honest after I've made my instrumental from Vocal remover, that's exactly what I do. most times the vocals are better than what the remover gave me.

2. 12-12-2020  #512

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    I honestly don't see much improvements for getting better quality vocals than what can already be gotten by inverting an instrumental against a full mix. To be honest after I've made my instrumental from Vocal remover, that's exactly what I do. most times the vocals are better than what the remover gave me.
    No, when you take the UVR instrumental and invert to the source you are not going to get studio quality for the simple fact that the frequencies in the vocal spectrum cannot just be surgically extracted from a song without damage to one or the other. The instrumentals made with UVR sound so good because some of those frequencies are left in the instrumental. The conundrum of making software to extract only good quality vocals is unsolvable in my opinion until some technology comes along that can analyze, mimic and replace. Kind of like a smart voice emulator that could literally re-sing the song.

3. 12-12-2020  #513

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by INGSOC View Post
    No, when you take the UVR instrumental and invert to the source you are not going to get studio quality for the simple fact that the frequencies in the vocal spectrum cannot just be surgically extracted from a song without damage to one or the other. The instrumentals made with UVR sound so good because some of those frequencies are left in the instrumental. The conundrum of making software to extract only good quality vocals is unsolvable in my opinion until some technology comes along that can analyze, mimic and replace. Kind of like a smart voice emulator that could literally re-sing the song.
    Oh I understand that. But I did in one instance get something that sounded studio. What I'm saying is, the vocal track you get from UVR has more artifacts in it than the acapella you will get by inverting anyway. I never said you would get studio quality. I just said "better" than the one UVR gives you.

4. 12-12-2020  #514

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    well lads ive been away doing other things recently and came back to the collab method of vocal removal only to find i cant get it to work....
    even tried the old version same error

/bin/bash: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
    /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

its probably been fixed previously but i have looked ....no joy
    can someone point me in the right direction.......cheers

5. 14-12-2020  #515

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    well lads ive been away doing other things recently and came back to the collab method of vocal removal only to find i cant get it to work....
    even tried the old version same error

/bin/bash: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
    /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

its probably been fixed previously but i have looked ....no joy
    can someone point me in the right direction.......cheers
    For Google Colab go back to main page here. Scroll down to Google Colab method and download the 2. file.
    Open your colab page and remove all other sessions. Upload the new one you downloaded. Everything should work after that.

6. 15-12-2020  #516

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    For Google Colab go back to main page here. Scroll down to Google Colab method and download the 2. file.
    Open your colab page and remove all other sessions. Upload the new one you downloaded. Everything should work after that.
    its ok mate i got it cheers

7. 16-12-2020  #517

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    its ok mate i got it cheers
    OK. Awesome.

8. 16-12-2020  #518

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    It's not the banner. It's the window frame. At the top I should have an "Exit" and "Minimize" area. The screen shot on page 48 does not show that. It's only on laptops this happens, On my All in One Desktop PC, I can close and minimize the GUI.

@Anjok any word on this yet?

9. 23-12-2020  #519

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Wanted to share a little trick I did on the Karaoke model. I just renamed the Sampling Rate to be 44100 (change 33075 to be 44100 in the model name), since I noticed originally it was cutting off at 15kHz and the high ends of songs were getting lost.

This doesn't affect the quality of the vocals extracted, from what I can hear, so it's good.

10. 02-01-2021  #520

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    I honestly can't tell the difference in audio quality between 512 and 320. I think 512 is fine for the majority of lossless songs. 272 took almost 4 hours on my MBPRO.