Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. 15-08-2022  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

NewAgeRipper - Updates on his condition - Positive vibes/energy his way please

As many may know, one of our staff members NewAgeRipper was involved in a freak accident a few days ago and is now on life support. I noticed he had been tagged in a post on Facebook regarding a serious accident. I reached out to the poster who turned out to be his sister and she confirmed it was NewAgeRipper. She has been asking for Prayers and I realise a lot of people aren't religious but try and keep NewAgeRipper and his family/friends in your thoughts.

She has asked
    HTML Code:
    Was there any songs that stood out in particular that he mentioned a lot?
    I have given a few that he said he was working on, so if anyone has any other ideas, post away.

I have got his sister's blessing to post here and give updates so post away and send your well wishes and positive energy NewAgeRipper's way.
    Last edited by TheUntalentedOne; 15-08-2022 at 12:11.

2. 15-08-2022  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Update 1

A life has been forever changed.
    Pray for my mother as she processes the current and future outcome.
    My brother left Barnardsville this morning and on his ride to work, he was hit by a falling tree and ejected 200 ft. He was air lifted to Mission. He has a broken pelvis, femur, brain injury, torn iris and other fractures.
    He will be in a medically induced coma for an undetermined amount of time.

3. 15-08-2022  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Update 2

Update as of day 3: He has had 4 surgeries thus far. They cut his sedation for 15 mins each day to test for neurological reaction, however, he still shows no signs of response.
    He will have a 5th surgery next week.
    Thank you all for your prayers.

4. 15-08-2022  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Update 3

Monday, Aug 8th update...Going in to surgery #5 for hip injuries at 11:15 am. As of yesterday, the doctors were not optimistic that he will come through, however, it's still early and anything could change. The reason they are going through with all proposed surgeries before they wake him from the coma is to ensure that he does not have to endure any more sedation. If and when he does come out of it, his body can focus on healing depending on severity of brain injury.
    He should be out of surgery by 4pm today and I'll post an update if there are any changes. 🙏😇

5. 15-08-2022  #5

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Update 4

Aug. 8th, Day 5 update...he came out of his 5th and final surgery today at 4:30 pm. After researching coma patients/ brain injuries, apparently, tapping into their long term memory with familiar voices, stories and their favorite music can help stimulate brain activity. He did have some jerking movements but whether that was brought on by the music I played or a coincidence, we don't know. Maybe I should play music he hates so he'll wake up and tell me to stop. :-)
    They will take him off sedation again around midnight to see of there is any response.
    His body is responding to pain, not commands. Not what you want to hear.

6. 15-08-2022  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Update 5

Day 7 Aug.10th update....
    It's been a week ago that a happy go lucky guy was on his way to work when a tree decided to play baseball with his head.
    He is off sedatives so he's no longer in a medically induced coma. The coma he is in now, is his own.
    His body is responding to pain but his brain is not responding to commands. He has developed an infection in his chest potentially due from the ventilator. He cannot have the fractures in his face repaired until the swelling subsides even more.
    The next step is to try to remove the ventilator once they feel it's safe and replace with tracheostomy so that it will be more sanitary, more comfortable, and more room to breathe.
    Thank you so much for the continued prayers. He is God's child and His Will, be done no matter the outcome.

7. 15-08-2022  #7

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Update 6

Day 10 in ICU they took out the ventilator and put in tracheostomy tube.
    His eyes won't open and he can't make sounds, he's just laying there hooked up to machines and totally bed bound.
    We asked if there would be another MRI but they said they just need him to open his eyes.
    We've told him stories and said his name, we've played his favorite music but he remains the same.
    Thank you for praying and having hope but as of now, he's still on a downhill slope. ������

8. 16-08-2022  #8

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Thanks for all the updates @TheUntalentedOne, the fights still not over for @NewAgeRipper and I'm really hoping for a miracle at this point.

9. 17-08-2022  #9

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUntalentedOne View Post
    Updates
    Mike always wanted to moderate around here. When we cut back on staff due to automation he messaged me regularly asking if there was anything he could do. Recently I gave Mike and a couple of hand-picked members honorary positions. Have his sister tell him that Brad/Thr33 says he’s got work to do so he needs to wake his arse up and login, he’s got messages to answer! Please!.. wake up mate.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

10. 17-08-2022  #10

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Forwarded your entire message to his sister Brad @Thr33 and she replied below. No further updates though.

That is so awesome! Thank you.
    Last edited by TheUntalentedOne; 17-08-2022 at 19:48.