Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 25-05-2021  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

izotope rx8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,, ( amazinnnnnng! )

so i went n got this all singing all dancin bit of software,, and i gotta say,,, its great,, im NOOOOO sound engineer by any means, theres a few pro n cons ( mainly on my part ) lol,,

so,,

PRO : really really good at extracting audio into seperate files ( aka stems ),,

CON : seems a bit naff at bass extraction ( i hear on the grapevine that demucs is good,, i may investigate this later,, but for now, im all about vocals )

PRO : its really quite simple to use,,,, ( for a basic starting point anyway )

CON : a simple test seperation took about 15 mins, on a quad core pc with 32 gb ram...

PRO, ive ventured into many vocal extraction software,,, and i gotta say,, this is without a doubt, the easiest n best,,

CON,, i wish i knew more on how to clean them up abit more, and youtube is pretty mute on this subject,, ( any thorts ?? ) lol

PRO : its fantastic for cleaning up audio, ( acoustic guitar users should check out the pick and screech module )

CON: although i love acoustic,, im not a massive user of it, and most of mine is vst based, so i control that in the vst )

what are your thorts on rx8?? and any tips on cleaning up my vocals better,,

love you lite records,, i am forever 1 of ur biggest fans,,

( ps,, it took mmore than 10 mins to type this,, and i was auto logged out,,, bit of a pain to write it out again,,, lol

ps,, love you copy n paste,, hahahaha )

2. 25-05-2021  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    RX-8 has an issue with even playback on my gaming laptop. Can't sort it out. Maybe it's the sound chipset.
    Sounds kind of like speed has slowed down a bit.
    To prevent auto logout, make sure you check the little box under your user and password entry.

3. 27-05-2021  #3

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    it is quite amazing... we live in a very lucky time for musicians