1. 03-08-2020  #1

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rare remix of Heaven is a place on Earth exists at all?

Hi guys.

I've had this problem I've been trying to solve for years. I'm sure in the 80's, on Australian radio during some party mix play time, they played this remix of Heaven is a place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle. I took it for granted back then, but now I can't track it down! What I remember of it, is that it was some kind of extended mix, and in the extended section after the second verse, they dropped the guitar so only the "tingles" were there. Yes, that may sound funny, but that's how I'm describing it. I've looked up the remixes for the song and can't find it! Ones I know of are:

Heavenly Mix: Ain't it.
    Down to Earth Dub: Not it.
    Disconet Remix: Close but cigar ain't it.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm going crazy and if it exists at all! Or if I've confused it with one of the known mixes. I've found no sign of it as a bonus album track. My only hope was a comment on some blog some place where a DJ said he heard it years ago.

Has anyone heard of it and know what it would be called?

2. 03-08-2020  #2

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I recently posted the multitrack stems to this track. From what i can understand from your post is that after the second verse the track has a few bars where it's 'stripped down' and removed some instruments. It wouldn't take much effort to recreate it from the multitrack stems.

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth (23x stems) - NOT RB! (Multitrack Stems)

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

3. 03-08-2020  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Funny you say that. I actually found that thread by accident today and grabbed it thanks. I have done some mixes with the RB stems but I found I needed more separation. They turned out OK in the end but naturally lack the polish of an 80's studio mix. I can have another go with these superior stems but not looking forward to redoing all that work.:-)

4. 03-08-2020  #4

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Well if you have any trouble just post something up here and i'm sure more experienced hands will assist. I'd love to hear the finished results though, it's a great track.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

5. 15-08-2020  #5

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    This song has 2 official extended versions:

The Heavenly Version and another one that I forgot the name of it.

6. 20-08-2020  #6

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbird View Post
    This song has 2 official extended versions:

The Heavenly Version and another one that I forgot the name of it.
    Thanks for your input. I know of that one and the associated Dub Mix. Which has enough vocals intact to be considered like another extended remix. It's possible my memory has corrupted and that is the one I'm thinking of without realising it. It just doesn't sound like I remember.

I found this Disconet remix on YouTube but I don't know if it's legit. I looked up the song and can find no sign Disconet did an official remix in 1987. That's the problem now days, anyone can post a remix on YT and claim it's the extended mix when it's only a fake-mix. Some are good but there is usually a tell.

Both the Dub and Disconet mix retain guitars so are closer to the mark.