Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ultimer remix showcase

Remix Rating:

Hi, all.

I've decided to share a couple of my mixes with the people on this forum so I can get a bit of constructive criticism on them to help build my skills as a mixer. If I make anything new, I'll edit this post to feature it.

I created this mix using Audacity a while ago - before I switched over to Waveform - so it probably doesn't sound as good as everything that follows it. I still thought it was worth sharing regardless, though.

My first complete mix made using Waveform. I took advantage of Waveform's time stretching feature to slow down this mix to give it a more downbeat feel to it. I also found Waveform's reverb and EQ tools a lot more easy to work with than Audacity's.

Please be sure to leave some feedback, I want to know where (or if) I've gone wrong with these mixes so I can correct those mistakes in the future, whether it's with a new mix or a revision of either of the above.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________
    P.S. - This is my first time posting outside of the introductions section, and I'm still a little conscious that - despite a thorough reading of the rules and FAQ - I might be posting this in the wrong forum or have messed up my post somehow, so if this isn't the right place or the right way to share these, please let me know and move and/or change the thread accordingly. If everything's okay, I'll edit this footnote out in due time.

P.S. 2 - Is it okay for me to bump this thread whenever I add a new mix to it, or is that frowned upon here?

2. 21-07-2020  #2

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Your mix of Tiny Dancer really is brilliant. I've even downloaded it and put it on my iTunes playlist. It's not my usual preferred style in music but i love it. While Girlfriend isn't my kind of blend it's produced to a very high standard. Also a fantastic chilled rendition.

I wish i had something constructive to add but enjoyed everything.

PS. You posted in the correct place. I would prefer it if you could post future tracks in their own thread. You could also take advantage of our Tube platform.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

3. 21-07-2020  #3

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    I second what Thr33 says with Tiny Dancer, very good work! As for Girlfriend, i like it's laidback feel, like it's got a sunny summer sunday afternoon vibe, great work here too! Would be interested to hear any other mix's you've done pal!
    HIGH FIVE FOR SEXY MUSIC TIME!!! :D

Hidden Content - New/Old Mashups
    Hidden Content - Older Mashups
    Hidden Content - Mixes/Mix Sets
    ^^^ Check them out! ;) ^^^

4. 21-07-2020  #4

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'm very glad you both enjoyed my work :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thr33 View Post
    PS. You posted in the correct place. I would prefer it if you could post future tracks in their own thread. You could also take advantage of our Tube platform.
    I'll be sure to post all my future mixes in their own thread if that's how things work around here. Thank you for letting me know.

I can't seem to access the Tube section of the forum. I need at least 1 credit on my account to be able to view it, but I didn't seem to get one upon registration like the FAQ suggests I should've, despite me properly verifying my account - I started off with 0 and I haven't gotten any since. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

5. 21-07-2020  #5

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimer View Post
    I'm very glad you both enjoyed my work :)

I'll be sure to post all my future mixes in their own thread if that's how things work around here. Thank you for letting me know.

I can't seem to access the Tube section of the forum. I need at least 1 credit on my account to be able to view it, but I didn't seem to get one upon registration like the FAQ suggests I should've, despite me properly verifying my account - I started off with 0 and I haven't gotten any since. Any help with that would be much appreciated.
    My apologies. New accounts do start on neutral ‘0’ credits now. This is one of the updated terms due for notice when the current new build is complete. In the FAQ are the many methods on how to obtain credits.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017