Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joaoasq View Post
    way too complicated for me :(
    I know it looks hard but it's very easy to follow. At the bottom of the first thread, there is a video tutorial on this, just using a different tool. The files that you upload are different but the rest (how you install it) is the same, you just click the play buttons one by one.
    http://literecords.com/showthread.ph...I-Instructions

2. 15-06-2020  #12

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    I know it looks hard but it's very easy to follow. At the bottom of the first thread, there is a video tutorial on this, just using a different tool. The files that you upload are different but the rest (how you install it) is the same, you just click the play buttons one by one.
    http://literecords.com/showthread.ph...I-Instructions

I tried this method dear friend :(
    but when it comes to this step:

2. Once Python has installed, open the Windows Command Prompt and run the following installs -

- If you plan on doing conversions with your Nvidia GPU, please install the following -

pip install torch==1.5.0+cu101 torchvision==0.6.0+cu101 -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html

THERE'S AN ERROR !! (Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement torch==1.5.0+cu101 (from versions: 0.1.2, 0.1.2.post1, 0.1.2.post2)

I use Spleter GUI2.5 . I want to know if it really comes an even better result than Spleeter. ...
    Last edited by joaoasq; 15-06-2020 at 23:08.
    KOSMMIK - FLASK (pre-order): lnkfi.re/IbDOauv3

INSTAGRAM @kosmmik | FACEBOOK.com/kosmmik

3. 15-06-2020  #13

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

2. Once Python has installed, open the Windows Command Prompt and run the following installs -

- If you plan on doing conversions with your Nvidia GPU, please install the following -

pip install torch==1.5.0+cu101 torchvision==0.6.0+cu101 -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html

THERE'S AN ERROR !! (Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement torch==1.5.0+cu101 (from versions: 0.1.2, 0.1.2.post1, 0.1.2.post2)

I use Spleter GUI2.5 . I want to know if it really comes an even better result than Spleeter. ...
    This thread is about installing it on Colab, just follow my steps here, not from GitHub.

4. 16-06-2020  #14

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts

Demucs is WAY better

5. 16-06-2020  #15

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    way too complicated for me :(
    It's easy. I'll have a video tutorial for this soon.

6. 16-06-2020  #16

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wow! This is amazing, thanks for sharing!

Steps were really clear and simple too which was a bonus.

I've run a couple of example songs so far and it's by no means perfect, but really, really good separation and enough for what I need to use it for :D

7. 16-06-2020  #17

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Disclaimer 2: Most of the time, it picks up background vocals as synths, though not all of them. This is a known downside.
    No. Not a downside at all. Has to have a little fair give to everyone for there fancy in music. The downside is both ways. I don't always get the backing vocals and in the karaoke aspect of things they are needed.

8. 16-06-2020  #18

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    No. Not a downside at all. Has to have a little fair give to everyone for there fancy in music. The downside is both ways. I don't always get the backing vocals and in the karaoke aspect of things they are needed.
    Agree it can be useful in some cases. But it's a little uncertain when it comes to background vocals - you can hear them, but they're quiet. Not anything like fully preserving them, as there are thousands of ways to add, mix and master background vocals, it's almost impossible to know them all. That's probably why anjok also isn't fully confident in releasing a model trained on tv tracks.

9. 16-06-2020  #19

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Agree it can be useful in some cases. But it's a little uncertain when it comes to background vocals - you can hear them, but they're quiet. Not anything like fully preserving them, as there are thousands of ways to add, mix and master background vocals, it's almost impossible to know them all. That's probably why anjok also isn't fully confident in releasing a model trained on tv tracks.
    multiman said something about using an "extras model" in his use of Demucs. He may be doing Demucs with command-line. This is not to say it's for backing vocals but would be wondering if that is already in the colab version or if not could you get with multiman to see if it's possible to add it? If only for other improvements? Post referenced is here. http://literecords.com/showthread.ph...upd-2020-06-09)

10. 17-06-2020  #20

Restricted

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    multiman said something about using an "extras model" in his use of Demucs. He may be doing Demucs with command-line. This is not to say it's for backing vocals but would be wondering if that is already in the colab version or if not could you get with multiman to see if it's possible to add it? If only for other improvements? Post referenced is here. http://literecords.com/showthread.ph...upd-2020-06-09)
    He says in that thread he had an instrumental and TV track to that song, which is how he got the backing vocals out.