Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 30-04-2020  #1

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Is this legit? Opinions needed (LP - Castle of Glass multi sample)

This is a sample I was forwarded by a contact who was actively trying to get LP's "Castle of Glass" multitrack. He got the sample from someone who was offering the multitrack for $200. That same someone is also a former Lite member who got banned a little while ago for soliciting for money to buy more LP multitracks, which he would then allegedly share with all of us here.

https://mega.nz/file/7r5nhYzB#mBd4BM...bXZm_RLtS1yJ-c

It's a 90-second MP3 of brief random stem samples stitched together. The average listener would agree that this is legit, but it's commonly known that crafty scammers have duped people out of their money or their trading material by providing recreated/retooled samples. So naturally anyone who knows anything would say "proceed at your own risk".

Anyone who has also downloaded the concert stems in the past would tell you that much of the sample sounds an awful lot like parts from that pack. However those concert stems were put together from the studio stems to begin with. Therein lies my dilemma.

Can anyone else have a listen and provide 2nd, 3rd and 40th opinion? Would be much appreciated.

2. 01-05-2020  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    They could be the concert playback stems, which are widely available on the internet. But I also hear acoustic drums (although mixed with the other drum loop) and a bass track, which are not included in that concert playback stems.

3. 01-05-2020  #3

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilGames View Post
    But I also hear acoustic drums (although mixed with the other drum loop) and a bass track
    Yes that was my reaction as well. However considering who the alleged source was (an established Guatemalan scammer), he couldn't exactly be counted on to deliver after he received what he wanted. And he was apparently completely against sending anything unless receiving full payment first.

But would this prove that the CoG multi is indeed out there and in circulation? Which would bring it one step closer to leaking?
    Last edited by patrik; 01-05-2020 at 14:15.

4. 01-05-2020  #4

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    Yes that was my reaction as well. However considering who the alleged source was (an established Guatemalan scammer), he couldn't exactly be counted on to deliver after he received what he wanted. And he was apparently completely against sending anything unless receiving full payment first.

But would this prove that the CoG multi is indeed out there and in circulation?
    I can ask my sources if they exist if you like :-)

5. 01-05-2020  #5

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    I know that multitracks circulate on the internet. You must only wait for them to come up, because they are not so profitable anymore. For instance, I heard the "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley stem samples something like 1.5 years ago, but I own them only from a week or less.

6. 01-05-2020  #6

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyman123 View Post
    I can ask my sources if they exist if you like :-)
    Would be very appreciated.

7. 01-05-2020  #7

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    Would be very appreciated.
    my sources have never heard of it existing ! take from that what you will.
    Last edited by sonyman123; 01-05-2020 at 18:59.

8. 04-05-2020  #8

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    mmmm.....some elements sound real, and it does sound like its mixed differently to the concert snippets; but I guess anyone could do that. I heard some elements I was familar with in the actual song that weren't in the concert snippets. HOWEVER, the bass stem sounded like this one from Karaoke version.
    https://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/cu...-of-glass.html

Listen to this, see if you think it matches :)

9. 04-05-2020  #9

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMV12 View Post
    mmmm.....some elements sound real, and it does sound like its mixed differently to the concert snippets; but I guess anyone could do that. I heard some elements I was familar with in the actual song that weren't in the concert snippets. HOWEVER, the bass stem sounded like this one from Karaoke version.
    https://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/cu...-of-glass.html

Listen to this, see if you think it matches :)
    It does....and I've had that KV pack for several years. But I never used it for anything because it's so bad lol, which is why I didn't recognise the bass stem.

Again like I said, this came from the same Guatemalan scammer who came in here and solicited for money to buy more LP packs.

10. 04-05-2020  #10

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It's tricky to call. I've listened to the instrumental version floating around the internet which allowed me to hear some more of the details that would normally be buried under the vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVC1G_hTOSA

I lined up some bits from the snippet to the instrumental in audacity and tried an A-B comparison. The only major differences I could hear was that at 2:32 on the instrumental, that fast low synth bit is slowly panning left to right, and the eq is very different, but then again it could be re-created using any decent software. The instruments themselves sound real, they don't sound like any karaoke version i've heard. I'd like to think I could soon tell if a song didn't sound right :)

I reckon there is a good chance of it being real, but it's whether they will actually send the files they have in full and in the same quality (i.e. not sending low bitrate/sample rate tracks that are pretty much useless) I'd hate for anyone to get scammed over this. Especially considering this individual has a known dodgy past as well; and I still have a question mark over the "bass" part.