1. 21-05-2020  #81

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    Did you leave it going overnight and how were the results?
    Everything's fine brother. Even with country songs that it hasn't even been trained for yet.

2. 21-05-2020  #82

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @Anjok Will we see the baseline updated to use commands or have menu option in the GUI for specific stems? Like drums, bass, guitars, keys, etc? Yes lower end machines will take longer but it'll damn be worth it.

3. 21-05-2020  #83

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    @Anjok Will we see the baseline updated to use commands or have menu option in the GUI for specific stems? Like drums, bass, guitars, keys, etc? Yes lower end machines will take longer but it'll damn be worth it.
    I don't think this exact method will work for separate stems, as it's only used for instrumentals. In that case, use Demucs - it's by far the best tool to extract bass, drums, synth and vocals.

4. 21-05-2020  #84

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    I don't think this exact method will work for separate stems, as it's only used for instrumentals. In that case, use Demucs - it's by far the best tool to extract bass, drums, synth and vocals.
    Can you point me there? I currently use RX7. But if it's better than that I'll give it a whirl.

5. 21-05-2020  #85

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Can you point me there? I currently use RX7. But if it's better than that I'll give it a whirl.
    I can make a guide on how to install it on Google Colab, since it won't require coding there, otherwise this is the GitHub page and there are a few examples and comparisons https://github.com/facebookresearch/demucs

It's my go-to way for DIY stems. Downside is on some tracks it can ignore background vocals and leave them as synths, rather than part of the vocals track. But depends from song to song.

6. 22-05-2020  #86

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I can make a guide on how to install it on Google Colab, since it won't require coding there, otherwise this is the GitHub page and there are a few examples and comparisons https://github.com/facebookresearch/demucs

It's my go-to way for DIY stems. Downside is on some tracks it can ignore background vocals and leave them as synths, rather than part of the vocals track. But depends from song to song.
    I went to the github to checked it out and can probably/maybe get it going but if you made a guide it would sure help djtayz.

7. 22-05-2020  #87

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I need the background vocals anyways. LOL.

8. 22-05-2020  #88

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I need the background vocals anyways. LOL.
    If ever there is a program that can effectively pull apart main vocals and backing vocals, that would be ... very useful >,>
    Though I'm not getting my hopes up.

9. 23-05-2020  #89

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Anjok........is there anyway that the AI has been used on a speaking part of a song......
    does it struggle with just plain talking as opposed to singing due to the amount of reverb that some singers use

10. 24-05-2020  #90

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    Anjok........is there anyway that the AI has been used on a speaking part of a song......
    does it struggle with just plain talking as opposed to singing due to the amount of reverb that some singers use
    Just speaking from my own experiences here, I have found it handles speaking exceptionally well in general.
    I've heard some fantastic results on rap/hip-hop tracks etc. The flip side is that when the instrumentation is bare, every tiny little missed detail stands out. It's easier to scrub in spectral editing since there's not much sound on the spectrum to dig through ... but it all sticks out.

But really, since it's trained on voice, so much depends on how well it recognizes a specific type of voice sound, and how much it mistakes certain instrumentation for voice. That's why having multiple models could potentially prove very useful. Reverb kinda fits into that category as well. This model is trained on different music than the primary AI over in the other thread. The primary one can't handle reverb nearly as well as this one.