1. 25-05-2020  #91

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCall View Post
    Just speaking from my own experiences here, I have found it handles speaking exceptionally well in general.
    I've heard some fantastic results on rap/hip-hop tracks etc. The flip side is that when the instrumentation is bare, every tiny little missed detail stands out. It's easier to scrub in spectral editing since there's not much sound on the spectrum to dig through ... but it all sticks out.

But really, since it's trained on voice, so much depends on how well it recognizes a specific type of voice sound, and how much it mistakes certain instrumentation for voice. That's why having multiple models could potentially prove very useful. Reverb kinda fits into that category as well. This model is trained on different music than the primary AI over in the other thread. The primary one can't handle reverb nearly as well as this one.
    I agree with this 100%. I just got my new PC parts today so I will be ready to start doing some tests this week! Regarding rkeanes' question, I put a dataset together consisting of trailer music with and without movie dialogue to see how well it learns to separate spoken word. I found a YouTube channel that has official instrumentals for trailers, so I'm hoping it pans out! I will probably include rap in that dataset as well because it isn't quite big enough.

I will be doing A LOT of experiments. This will take some time!

2. 25-05-2020  #92

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    I will be doing A LOT of experiments. This will take some time!
    Totally looking forward to the results!

I just completed a split conversion you can all check out.
    It's for Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground
    The AI in this thread was more effective at converting the 'verses' with the reverb,
    and the AI 2.0 from the other thread was more effective at the end part.
    Plus some added hours in spectral editing and a couple other cuts, and here's the results!
    I included both conversions and my completed mix.

https://mega.nz/folder/IR8UxArT#b14akmLvfbkptUVrKpQYXw

3. 26-05-2020  #93

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCall View Post
    Just speaking from my own experiences here, I have found it handles speaking exceptionally well in general.
    I've heard some fantastic results on rap/hip-hop tracks etc. The flip side is that when the instrumentation is bare, every tiny little missed detail stands out. It's easier to scrub in spectral editing since there's not much sound on the spectrum to dig through ... but it all sticks out.

But really, since it's trained on voice, so much depends on how well it recognizes a specific type of voice sound, and how much it mistakes certain instrumentation for voice. That's why having multiple models could potentially prove very useful. Reverb kinda fits into that category as well. This model is trained on different music than the primary AI over in the other thread. The primary one can't handle reverb nearly as well as this one.
    the vocal was tied to the acoustic guitar and it withdrew the guitar that much it was unusable.....not worried too much about it.
    funny thing is that i had to reformat my laptop and cannot get AI to work again...lol

4. 31-05-2020  #94

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    **UPDATE**

I've made a lot traction on the GUI and should have it released by the end of the first week of June, along with an updated model that so far will be the best one I've made. On par with the one used to create the instrumentals in the other thread!
    Last edited by Anjok; 01-06-2020 at 21:29.

5. 01-06-2020  #95

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    **UPDATE**

I've made a lot traction on the GUI and should have it released by the end of the first week of June, along with an updated model that so far will be the best one I've made so far. On par with the one used to create the instrumentals in the other thread!
    Thanks for all your hard work Anjok am looking so forward to this..

6. 02-06-2020  #96

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @Anjok would it be possible to train a model to preserve backing vocals within allowed boundaries? I work with music on the karaoke side of things and sing and record. Backing vocals would be very helpful. I realize they can't be preserved in all songs due to how the mix is done. but your A.I. has really helped to make instrumentals from older tracks I thought would never be possible. It could essentially just be another command that tries to filter and export another track but instead of being acapella it's the backing vocals.

7. 02-06-2020  #97

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    I can make a guide on how to install it on Google Colab,
    Can you link to it when this is ready? Would greatly appreciate it.

8. 02-06-2020  #98

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    @Anjok would it be possible to train a model to preserve backing vocals within allowed boundaries? I work with music on the karaoke side of things and sing and record. Backing vocals would be very helpful. I realize they can't be preserved in all songs due to how the mix is done. but your A.I. has really helped to make instrumentals from older tracks I thought would never be possible. It could essentially just be another command that tries to filter and export another track but instead of being acapella it's the backing vocals.
    That's a good question and it's something I would have to experiment with. I think one way I can potentially make this happen is to train the AI on a dataset consisting of only full mixes paired with their official TV track counterparts. To have a model as effective as the ones I've shared, it would have to consist of at least 200 pairs as well. The GUI that's being developed will have a drop-down of models to choose from, so you'll be able to toggle between a karaoke model and a full vocal removal model.

9. 02-06-2020  #99

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    That's a good question and it's something I would have to experiment with. I think one way I can potentially make this happen is to train the AI on a dataset consisting of only full mixes paired with their official TV track counterparts. To have a model as effective as the ones I've shared, it would have to consist of at least 200 pairs as well. The GUI that's being developed will have a drop-down of models to choose from, so you'll be able to toggle between a karaoke model and a full vocal removal model.
    That would be absolutely fantastic. Some songs leave backing vocals currently already but again, it depends on the mix. As for the earlier mention songs someone mentioned with talking parts, I have one such old country classic I'd like to get devocaled. I may have to send it to you since I bought a retail CD in order for you to have the full frequency of the track. But it's called "Phantom 309." Really would mean a lot to get it devocaled properly.

10. 02-06-2020  #100

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    need of some assistance....i had to reformat laptop and then i installed AI again but it wont run
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input bc.wav
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input bc.wav --gpu 0
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2>
    any thoughts