Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Penalty for doubleposting?

My usual posting routine is this:

1) search for the exact thing I'm about to post.
    2) if there's no results, I go ahead and post it.
    3) if there ARE results in the relevant corresponding section (stems, acapellas or instrus), I open each thread to see what's in there and I pay attention to the comments to see if anyone is mentioning a dead link or other comments as to the legitimacy or nature of the posted content.

If it's different to what I'm about to post (such as higher quality or superior format - MP3>WAV), then I go ahead and post. If it's the same, then I don't post it. The whole process takes me under 30 seconds. It's not exactly a Herculean labour.

The reason I'm talking about this is because there's far too much clutter on Lite, with people reposting far too much existing stuff that has been up for a long time and is still up today, or even stuff that was shared more recently - as a cheap attempt to get more download credits.

This is not something that just new members do, but members who have been on Lite for at least a year and should know better, but clearly don't care as long as they get their free credits. The problem is compounded when they don't even bother specifying what they're posting in the form of format/bitrate/contents, which leads to people wasting their own credits just so they see what it is.

My suggestion is this:

Since El Capitan and co have made several changes to the site in recent times, changes that serve to improve function & the running of the community, I propose another change. One that will hopefully serve as a clutter-deterrent.

A penalty of -20 credits for every confirmed double post - including "mega packs" of material that already exists on Lite in the same or superior format + quality.

With the surge of leaks in recent times, the clutter issue is just getting worse. People post whatever comes to mind just to increase their credit score, so they can download more. And based on the comments in said doubleposts, I'm not the first person to be irritated by this.

2. 20-05-2020  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    i second the frustration, i always do my researches before posting but i have to say it happened to me twice that after the research gave me zero results and i was later notified by another member that it was already been posted... does the "search" ALWAYS work ?

3. 20-05-2020  #3

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    518 Posts
    it can be a problem sometimes..the search is good
    but it's not perfect..I found that out years ago when
    I searched for "The Who" or just "Who"

4. 20-05-2020  #4

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    I too always search but sometimes it doesn't throw up results again to be told later its a double post. I know it's frustrating but as the board gets bigger it gets harder and harder to police.

5. 20-05-2020  #5

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyman123 View Post
    I too always search but sometimes it doesn't throw up results again to be told later its a double post. I know it's frustrating but as the board gets bigger it gets harder and harder to police.
    I would happily police it.

6. 21-05-2020  #6

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I too always search but sometimes it doesn't throw up results again to be told later its a double post.
    Sure, but how many people actually bother searching before doubleposting? Yeah the search function sucks, but people doubleposting without bothering to search is far more common than the search simply having a brain fart. cough MusicMad cough

7. 21-05-2020  #7

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I typically search the artist and track title.
    [Please do not download and redistribute these links elsewhere to other sites; fan forums, discord etc. It is against forum policy. Thank you and as always, enjoy!];*

8. 28-05-2020  #8

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    There should also be a penalty for labeling stuff as Pro Tools when its quite clearly NOT if there is no PTF file its not a Pro Tools session, It might be FROM the Pro Tools session, Labeling it as such is wrong.

9. 29-05-2020  #9

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    There should also be a penalty for labeling stuff as Pro Tools when its quite clearly NOT if there is no PTF file its not a Pro Tools session, It might be FROM the Pro Tools session, Labeling it as such is wrong.
    Works for me :p

Have you seen how he reacts when people point out his mistakes? It's like dealing with a triggered feminist on the rag.

10. 29-05-2020  #10

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    Works for me :p

Have you seen how he reacts when people point out his mistakes? It's like dealing with a triggered feminist on the rag.
    ;*;DD