Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squid_ward22 View Post
    I question how people find these...
    Free given by the artist, old remix contests (for the non RB part-mixed stems), some 70s and early 80s full multitracks were given to students in some audio class and now leak out, some other are available in too many studios that they easily leaked (Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc) and the rest sold illegally by someone with access.

In the past (2-3 years ago) all the traders/sellers hold the same stuff so it was a very good chance that someone will post it. After the last big leak (Michael Jackson, Chic, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Wham, etc) they learned and they don't post anymore the names of the better stuff that they have and they are very careful who they are talking with. The result is that many full multitracks that people/traders/sells have not leaked anymore. The only big leak in the last year was the Janet Jackson multis. Even Earth Wind & Fire - Fantasy (24 tracks) not been leaked in the 2 years that it's available for sell/trade (It's not a secret that people have it) and too many have it already.

2. 04-12-2019  #32

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    any updates on this ?

3. 16-12-2019  #33

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I have been curious for many years as to how the hell you even find these collectors to obtain multis from. I guess they're floating around in random places. Through a Madonna forum, I met a young guy in South America who has the multi-tracks of the 12" Extended Version of "Open Your Heart" by Madonna (which happens to be my favorite remix ever made); but I still wouldn't buy it. He said he paid a hefty sum for it, but is willing to trade a multi for it. I got nothin'. Strange community.

4. 19-12-2019  #34

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    For me personally, any stems from the 80's are very welcome. Sure, I'm aging myself -
    but it really is something special to hear the stems/multitracks 👍

5. 28-12-2019  #35

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There is much to learn from all those 80's tracks.