Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CringeLord View Post
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

The trading scene is too much to deal with. The stress of constantly worrying about the people you trade with and your shit getting leaked out is a lot, especially when you can't control other's actions once that certain pack is in their hands.

Not only am I glad that I'm out of the trading scene, but I'm also glad that this last major leak happened so I can actually be excited for new leaks instead of feeling pissed when I see a song in trading get out to the public. About 80% of what I had got leaked out, but almost all those packs that leaked were really common anyways and pretty much in every trader's collection.

EDIT: TL;DR - DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH TRADING!!! Just be patient and wait for the leaks to happen. You may win the battle with trading, but in the end you'll lose the war. I've said that before and I will continue to say it.
    Whenever something is traded it is then shared with others, eventually it will leak human nature is people like to brag and boast, I paid for some of my tracks mainly the rb stuff when it was hard to get, I got others and had I'm coming out,upside down and my old piano for a long time. when I am asked not to share I never ever do its just my way, But that said you are never going to stop traders or leaks.
    Last edited by sonyman123; 08-03-2018 at 17:36.

2. 09-03-2018  #12

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    this is why i always buy and never trade

trading is 100 percent a longterm ripoff

3. 09-03-2018  #13

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by therockisgone View Post
    this is why i always buy and never trade

trading is 100 percent a longterm ripoff
    I agree I will buy but the thing is its almost impossible to find places to buy, or know who has what to sell.

4. 09-03-2018  #14

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I get why people who make mixes and mashups would want to have some exclusive mixes for a while, but IMO everything should be shared eventually so everyone has the chance to be creative and learn how classic tracks were recorded and mixed. Many people just hold onto them just to brag that they have them. Or worse, sell them. That really pissed off the artists and record companies and makes it harder to get new stuff.

5. 11-03-2018  #15

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    The unfortunate truth is even if you are purchasing material from someone, there is no for sure way of knowing they are not selling to others. So the chance of leakage is always there. :/

None of us own this material so whatever happens shouldn't matter anyway. On the bright side, we are all supporters of music and share the love of the deconstruction of the audio. I myself am beyond grateful of how far we have come in the past 8 years with all of these audio goods.

Things can only get better.

Enjoy everyone, I know I do. :D

6. 11-03-2018  #16

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by litemakr View Post
    I get why people who make mixes and mashups would want to have some exclusive mixes for a while, but IMO everything should be shared eventually so everyone has the chance to be creative and learn how classic tracks were recorded and mixed. Many people just hold onto them just to brag that they have them. Or worse, sell them. That really pissed off the artists and record companies and makes it harder to get new stuff.
    I agree if you have them then you should share and not charge as they are not yours to sell

7. 01-04-2018  #17

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyman123 View Post
    At first that is exactly what I intended to do and I was going to get round to it, BUT family and life gets in the way I guess now I'm just becoming a collector looking for the time when I can actually do something with them, I have around 1000 of the things and I hope to make more use of them than just sitting on my hdd waiting to more than just, "in my collection"
    I know what you mean. Except in my case I don't have my own family, but I still find I lack time to do what I want. Even though I'm not the usual outgoing social person who only has outside hobbies, so I wonder what else I do with my time. Of course there is having artistic ideas for songs and then the technical skill of putting those ideas into the workflow of a multi track editor. I'm still cutting my teeth on that one. And yet my ideas are already advancing beyond my current skills

Against this, I still go on the hunt for songs I like. And in recent times a few goldies have shown up here. So I feel my faith in this site has been well placed. Even if I all am currently doing is listening to isolated tracks and making future plans in my head. But I still like to do that. It's in my nature, I like to see the technical side, I like to see how things work. And listening to drum solos is always cool to me. :-)

We can change the things we can change. We must let go of the things we can't. In a similar way, we can listen to the multi tracks there are available, which are plentiful. And let go of the ones that aren't, but still hope and dream. That almost sounded deep. :-D

8. 01-04-2018  #18

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypex View Post
    I know what you mean. Except in my case I don't have my own family, but I still find I lack time to do what I want. Even though I'm not the usual outgoing social person who only has outside hobbies, so I wonder what else I do with my time. Of course there is having artistic ideas for songs and then the technical skill of putting those ideas into the workflow of a multi track editor. I'm still cutting my teeth on that one. And yet my ideas are already advancing beyond my current skills

Against this, I still go on the hunt for songs I like. And in recent times a few goldies have shown up here. So I feel my faith in this site has been well placed. Even if I all am currently doing is listening to isolated tracks and making future plans in my head. But I still like to do that. It's in my nature, I like to see the technical side, I like to see how things work. And listening to drum solos is always cool to me. :-)

We can change the things we can change. We must let go of the things we can't. In a similar way, we can listen to the multi tracks there are available, which are plentiful. And let go of the ones that aren't, but still hope and dream. That almost sounded deep. :-D
    Couldn't of said it better!

9. 03-04-2018  #19

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CringeLord View Post
    ^^^ THIS ^^^
    TL;DR - DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH TRADING!!! Just be patient and wait for the leaks to happen.
    This. I can't say how many times I've been one click away from buying expensive "exclusive" stem packs which only 1 or 2 people had and a few months later seeing them leak. It's really frustrating to wait, but in the end, everything leaks (i hope so lmao).

There also shouldn't be greedy people who lower the quality of tracks or mixdown some stems just because only they can have them unmixed.

10. 03-04-2018  #20

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    Couldn't of said it better!
    Thanks! :-D