Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. 02-01-2020  #11

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Because it's catchy and fun to listen to! I think that's why it's so incredibly popular.

2. 02-01-2020  #12

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jstvibing View Post
    Because it's catchy and fun to listen to! I think that's why it's so incredibly popular.
    The thing that makes the music of an artist fun is variety, all the pop acts do the same thing every song, it's just boring, and they all use electronic drums so every instrumental sounds exactly the same.

With rock and metal, the majority of bands mix things up on every album, namely Escape the Fate, on all the albums since Craig replaced Ronnie there's an acoustic/piano ballad (World Around Me, Let Me Be, Harder Than You Know, If Only, Picture Perfect), a song with a screamed verse and clean chorus/vice versa (This War is Ours, Digging My Own Grave, Massacre, Just a Memory, Ungrateful), the emotion in the songwriting (Lost in Darkness being about a friend being raped in the street and no one coming to her screams for help, also features a sample of Marilyn Manson's Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)) but anyway, metal musicians put their heart into their work, pop artists just add to other people's work and call it their own.