1. 27-09-2016  #1

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

When will a new source come out?

For a long time the only source of Multis and Stems was remix contests, leaked stems by artists who get them for remixing officially, and of course Harmonix games.

Soon came Jammit with their amazing list of songs all separable within their app (and out of it for some) which was then a big mistake now that Jammit is shut down.

Rockband 4 came out, but those stems aren't really something we can get.
    Guitar Hero Live has some good stuff, but they focused on their GHTV part more than getting DLC.

So I ask, when will a new source come out?
    Will it be a new game? A new program/app? Even an artist who is finally gone for their copyright to expire and their stems to be publicly accessible and/or requestable (from the Record Labels and Managers)?

Who knows? I hope something like Jammit 2.0 comes out personally. I loved what they did, and really hope no one would mess up their fame that time around.

Tell me what you think might come around, or what you hope might arise.
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

2. 27-09-2016  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I'm sure 1 day RB4 stuff will come out, just long time away :)

Or there is ways to get them but too much work ;)

3. 27-09-2016  #3

Memorial Account

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    For a while about 8 years ago or so there were these "MultiTrack Masters" releases on P2P and Usenet that had raw 8-, 16- and 24-track tape masters for a bunch of songs. My hope is that whoever leaked those will do so again ;)

4. 29-09-2016  #4

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxton View Post
    For a while about 8 years ago or so there were these "MultiTrack Masters" releases on P2P and Usenet that had raw 8-, 16- and 24-track tape masters for a bunch of songs. My hope is that whoever leaked those will do so again ;)
    That.

Would be awesome.
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

5. 23-11-2016  #5

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    The Native Instruments Stems format is a promising one.

Oh, and hi there! It's been a while. :)

6. 07-12-2016  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Things are coming I am sure. Labels have been aware of the demand for Stems/Multitracks for quite sometime now.

7. 19-12-2016  #7

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burntscarr View Post
    So I ask, when will a new source come out?
    Will it be a new game? A new program/app? Even an artist who is finally gone for their copyright to expire and their stems to be publicly accessible and/or requestable (from the Record Labels and Managers)?

Who knows? I hope something like Jammit 2.0 comes out personally. I loved what they did, and really hope no one would mess up their fame that time around.

Tell me what you think might come around, or what you hope might arise.
    I really hope a platform like Steam is available for multitrack / stems where users could affordably buy them for personal usage. As long as DMCA is still around, it's not much of a hope for accessible stems for casual users, not officially at least (sites like KaraokeVersion just doesn't work well with strict license).
    오디션 온라인

8. 27-12-2016  #8

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Some sources are actually even available online. While talking with Grant Harris of GOLDHOUSE, I had asked him for a few instrumentals of his songs, turns out, his producer was Ian Kirkpatrick. He gave me his directory and I was able to find material from numerous huge artists such as Neon Trees, Nick Jonas, The Ready Set and more. All on his indexed website before it was taken down. Sometimes it's just a fluke, I guess.

9. 28-03-2017  #9

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Time and patience are your friend, grasshopper. Thirty five years on, i just got one track from a demo that just kills the released version. And that's from a good friend who played the entire demo on the way to go see that artist play back when we were in high school! They're stereo mixes, not multis, but they're gold to me. I never thought I would hear that version again. But he tossed me that one track and I am very grateful.