View Poll Results: Why do you think members have stopped visiting?

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Dont like the credit/share system.

60 39.22%
  • Poor services or features.

24 15.69%
  • A dislike to another member (or staff).

8 5.23%
  • Prefer another site or resource.

20 13.07%
  • Reasons beyond your control.

79 51.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum: General Chat   Thread: 2016 Have Your Say

1. 21-09-2016  #11

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    To be truthful, nowadays it seems no one cares about posting files, most of the time all you get is "I'm not posting it but I'll trade you for it".

I've received this about 13 times in the last 2 months, which defeats the point of this forum.

I greatly respect the people who are still posting files.

SF.

2. 21-09-2016  #12

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    You should make a trading section. I really not interested in 2010's stuff but into the 70's - 90's things.
    Music lover.

3. 21-09-2016  #13

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    People just don't want to share their files. They say they keep it "for trading" but they just keep them as trophies more than anything else.
    Also, lack of interesting content (but then again, mostly because of those paranoid people with their obsession of keeping rare stuff for themselves like Gollum and his obsession for the ring).

4. 21-09-2016  #14

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    It's lack of the 2010 crew ;) Don't mean to be offensive to the current staff members, as you all are just as good but i currently don't know you as much, that's probably my fault though haha! Anyway back to the point, that's what partially got me interested in this site, all the comical banter in the chat box plus the shoutcast too! I'm aware that you are currently having issues with it but DJing live got me interested, all the acapellas and instrumentals were a bonus. There are a lot more sites offering similar services (acapellas/instrumentals/remix stems) so it's probably flooded the genre Lite Records is in, suppose we need to find something to massively differentiate ourselves to them! The rep system is good and gives the site a unique feel, but I suppose we need something else :D
    As mentioned in other comments, the copyright law sort of kills it off, I don't upload as much anymore because I sometimes feel it would be pointless to upload a mash to have it taken down 10 minutes later. Plus I'm a bit busier these days, so I don't always have the time, ahhhhhh free time, they were the days :D
    Last edited by Rich; 22-09-2016 at 20:09.
    HIGH FIVE FOR SEXY MUSIC TIME!!! :D

Hidden Content - New/Old Mashups
    Hidden Content - Older Mashups
    Hidden Content - Mixes/Mix Sets
    ^^^ Check them out! ;) ^^^

5. 21-09-2016  #15

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    brad thank you to worry about you on the proper conduct of the Forum, I think everyone just now it turns around less and less of "scoop" (acapella and stems) available I think that's the big problem which may become worse if it does not improve, it is true that since the rockband and guitar hero are more decrypted biggest thing was to put in their mouths !!!
    soon to brad.

6. 21-09-2016  #16

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I don't know which option to choose because it's just speculation. I could only guess. Credit/share system isn't bad, I think. But I do know that you're doing a very fine job and I really respect you for it. I hope you'll keep the forum alive. If there's anything we/I can do, please let us/me know.

As for RB4 stems, I thought some people were thinking of new ways of getting at least something out of the game, even if it's not clean... We'll see... I just don't want to believe that there is no hope.

I have only one gripe (which does not concern people running this forum). It's the fact that people don't want to share knowledge. DIY methods evolve and we have our own ways, but I'd never keep my methods secret because it makes no sense whatsoever. I have asked some people what methods they used and the replies were... Let me just say that I rather wish they replied with "won't tell ya, fuck off" than send extremely vague replies with no actual information. What is that? I'd appreciate new ideas just so that I could improve the DIYs I've already made and maybe try and do some new ones (of old tracks, I have no interest in current chart crap). The way some people regard knowledge baffles me to say the least...

7. 22-09-2016  #17

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I think it's a combination of reasons. Given the copyright systems for YouTube & SoundCloud have become stricter, some mashup artists have either had their accounts shut down or have stopped posting as much or with as many artists. The knock on effect of that may have led to people not mixing as much and thus not using LR to acquire materials. As a mashup artist myself, I can definitely say that's partly why I've not been here as much. I also have minimal credits and next to nothing to share so it's kinda a lose-lose situation.

Like others have said earlier in the thread, there are a lot of people who can't or don't want to share files which has led to less posts.
    As for what could be done to increase the number of members visiting, it's hard to know really. Whilst there's people wanting the trading section back, wasn't it shut down due to in being basically inactive?

8. 22-09-2016  #18

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Can't add too much to what's already been said, but will echo a number of points worth noting:

* Takedowns and blocking have made it difficult to keep tracks up on the various audio platforms and social networks that it makes mashup artists less interested to get materials. It doesn't help that there are less sources coming out lately.

* It's become harder to share at least for me because the vast majority of acapellas and instrumentals I have (especially the valuable ones) are already posted. Also some members keep sources for trading.

* If I'm going to pay a credit for an acapella or instrumental, it'd be good to know what quality I'm getting so I'm not getting a transcode or LQ track. It'd also be useful as to knowing how a DIY was derived (if it was through instrumental inversion, mono image, noise reduction, or all of these) so I have a general idea. Maybe a 30 sec preview if possible?

Suggestion regarding credits:
    What about a credit system similar to acapellas4u but with credit accrual, say, 1 credit per month at the free level, and then pay if you want a ton of credits? That way, everyone starts at a level that's good enough to get started (and gives members a benefit), but to get more, they need to share or pay to get even more credits. It not only satisfies the instant gratification case which brings people back, but can also benefit members who share even more.

9. 22-09-2016  #19

Restricted

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Personally, I feel like I for the most part have everything I need and want, and nothing new is appearing, really. There is a new wave of "traders" who just trade for anything and everything and know very little about what they're getting, so many fakes and filters circulate and leak here as the "OFFICIAL STUDIO ACAPELLA STEMS RARE" when it's a very poor DIY. I personally also miss the trading section, the ability to trade with people and knowing it will be safe was nice, although I missed out on it when it was around, I would love to try it this time.

10. 23-09-2016  #20

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    i know for a fact that alot of people i know that do multitrack stuff would love this site , sadly they cant post anything due to it already being posted , which means no credits for them , which means no access :/ But I Love the site :)