View Poll Results: Why do you think members have stopped visiting?

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Dont like the credit/share system.

60 39.22%
  • Poor services or features.

24 15.69%
  • A dislike to another member (or staff).

8 5.23%
  • Prefer another site or resource.

20 13.07%
  • Reasons beyond your control.

79 51.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum: General Chat   Thread: 2016 Have Your Say

1. 21-09-2016  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

2016 Have Your Say

Activity has dropped over the year. What have we done or not done? Tell us and we'll work hard to fix it. Only I can view who voted what options so the results will remain discrete. Please comment to if you would like to add anything.We have been working a lot on current services and features. "What have we done?".
    Last edited by Thr33; 27-09-2016 at 17:17.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 21-09-2016  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I think (nothing was said to me) that in part, it could have to be that so many dead post have files people look for and can't find them anywhere's else. Nearly all those dead files have members who got them and still have them but do not care to repost. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal but I joined the site based on a google search for evanescence content. One post stood out with having a number of evanescence acapellas and stuff that were dead links. I was disappointed but non the less joined. I also feel some has to do with just people not having patience. They want something right then and if they can't get it to not having enough credits right away, they move on. When members want something that is dead and not the stuff that is working they see the credit system pointless.

3. 21-09-2016  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I personally miss the trading section. Found a lot of rare tracks that way. Plus with the end of RB, everything dried up

4. 21-09-2016  #4

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Thanks for your feedback guys. I wont reply to feedback quite yet as i would like to get a collective of grievances before addressing them publicly.

To other members, if you do not give feedback about another reason then i cant work on a solution. We are trying to make LR the best site for you to find what you need and more. Help us help you.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

5. 21-09-2016  #5

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad87UK View Post
    Thanks for your feedback guys. I wont reply to feedback quite yet as i would like to get a collective of grievances before addressing them publicly.

To other members, if you do not give feedback about another reason then i cant work on a solution. We are trying to make LR the best site for you to find what you need and more. Help us help you.
    I have to agree. Only those who remain silent will be the ones who complain the most later.

6. 21-09-2016  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    My only reason is a lack of tracks that I'm looking for, being mostly interested in classic rock/metal and pre-1990 stuff. There's virtually zero post-2000 that interests me. Not much like that being posted these days.

7. 21-09-2016  #7

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Rock band 4 is still going on, but most of them is turning into diy stems so i don't really care much about RB4 dlc.

8. 21-09-2016  #8

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hello. Yes I have a few comments. Perhaps there are those who don't like the credit system and the need to sign up for a paid service. After all we do live in a world with a "I want it now and for free" mentality thanks to the internet making it easy to pirate digital data by its very nature. I found LR after a search for some content and then found I needed to sign up. I did another search and when I found stuff I wanted was exclusive to LR decided to signup. After all it really wasn't that much for my "starter pack" and most hobbies cost money anyway. It then took a few days for my credits to arrive in which I even sent a message asking about it. But it was fine:-)

My next point would be information provided on a file you want to download. We've seen posts where it says something like "30 multitrack stems" but doesn't even mention what songs are included. These could be from anywhere and it's an obvious grab for easy credits.

Something else that irks me would be details of files inside. Ogg provides a clue but what I like to know are bitrate and a file list provided. I'd also like to know information on the source itself if possible such as original format and bitrate. Especially for WAVE. Now this sounds good and especially 24-bit WAVE but unless specified that won't always mean lossless. Except for real studio quality files.

For this reason credits are a commodity. And I treat them as such. I do check out posts I'm interested in and commit a credit if I would like it and consider it worthwhile.

I've brought this type of thing up before but I think it would be good to change the search mode on the top. Most of the time I want to search in thread titles only. And also would like an easy way to search for the artists full name. For example I once was looking for Steven Perry. But this returns results for both Steve Miller and Katy Perry. Where as I only wanted both obviously or none at all. After an advanced search I concluded there were no stems available.

Also dead links are annoying. I once discovered a file I wanted only to find the link was dead. I enquired of the original poster only to find he no longer had the file. Now other would unless they deleted it also. This brings to mind. Perhaps some sort of exclusive torrent system can be put in place as a backup. This way if the original is dead it can still be shared without resources put into fixing it. At least for a while.

Finally, a point that comes to mind would be the somewhat strange HTML coding, causing the site to fail loading correctly on some browsers. Works fine in a desktop browser AFAICT. But even with Chrome or FireFox on mobile it doesn't render correctly.
    Last edited by Hypex; 21-09-2016 at 12:28.

9. 21-09-2016  #9

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Recently canceled my gold membership until new stuff starts appearing again.

The last 2 months have been rough for releases. This week showed promise but I've seen more DIY instrumentals in the last month than since I joined 18 months ago. What's sad is the acapellas used to create the DIY instrumental are not posted either. I remember tracks from artists like Sia, Iggy, Dillon Francis, OneRepublic, Coldplay and so on would appear a week or in some case a day after release. The Lady Gaga track was the first time this happened in just under 2 months. This dry spell is just too costly to maintain a persistent membership. That said this is still the best site. ;)

My only fixable issue is regarding the requests. I feel requests should have an expiration date, that way if the request expires without being filled the credits would be refunded and the request post removed. The requester could always re-post for the same credit fee if they are dying to have the song.
    I have many requests that were never filled. This is also costly so I've stopped requesting as much as I used to.

The site functionality is great. I have no other complaints, keep up the good work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

10. 21-09-2016  #10

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Unfortunately there are a lot of people who want something for nothing and they don't like to (can't be arsed to) share their material or participate. I've noticed a HUGE increase in people who aren't into music production, but they want stuff by the latest pop princess so they can lord it over others in their peer groups.
    Also, there are members on here who will just download files and then share them on soundcloud/reddit/tumblr/youtube etc instead of sending people over to this site.

Because there are more "collectors" and fewer musicians/producers/remixers, there's less work being showcased. I think fear of copyright problems may also be a smaller contributing factor.