1. 27-01-2016  #1

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Need help purchasing a new HDD.

What's up people. I am in the market for a new internal HDD. Mine just fried a few weeks ago (thankfully this time I was smart enough to back up to my external). Anyway, I want to go bigger. I found a couple of HDD's on a couple of sites (NewEgg, BestBuy, Etc.). Can anyone help me chose which is the best one to purchase for my needs?

I am looking for a secondary drive to store all my music files (for music production), family pictures, family videos, etc.

So I am looking for storage, but it will also be used almost everyday for music production.

I was going more on the "WD Blue 6TB" route, but I found a "WD Desktop Everyday 6TB" and thought "I am going to be using this everyday, so should I get this one?"

Anyway, I am looking for a 6TB HDD that I will be using everyday for storage and reading. While price isn't an issue, I would like to stay in the range of the prices in the links given.

Thanks

2. 27-01-2016  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hey, Chris. Is this going to be for desktop or laptop use?

I'm only asking because while I bought a 6TB drive by WD last October for my desktop, it was actually an external drive purchase. This one to be exact, and it currently sits on my desk.

While it does require a power outlet during use, I've used this while working in Logic Pro X, and it doesn't suffer from any changes in read/write transfers or speed performance. The box also states it can be formatted for both Windows and Mac, even though the Amazon page doesn't mention it. I can send you a photo of the box to verify this if you're interested. The current price is $50-60 cheaper than your price range as well.

Hopefully I wasn't too unhelpful since you're looking for HDD, but I just wanted to give you another option.

3. 27-01-2016  #3

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    It is for desktop, and I am preferably wanting an internal. I already have an external for all my back-up needs. I am currently using the external for my music production because it has all my files on it. I want internal because I want to eliminate a power cord and the use of another USB port.