Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Accessing Downloads, offering content

Hey everyone,

I want to have access to ONE file ("I write sins, not tragedies") from the Fueled by Ramen 01 DLC pack as a mogg or multitrack in WAVs, whatever, and I believe it's found in the download section. Thing is, I'm new to this board so I don't have the required privileges. I was wondering how you earn credits and if you can obtain some by giving content. I'm sure I have some valuable content, i.e.: that can't be found elsewhere or that could once be found but all links are dead now. One example is Silversun Pickups' "Well Thought Out Twinkles" that I decrypted myself from xbox 360 DLC. The only other working mogg available on the Internet is cut, mine is not, even the acapella posted on YouTube is cut halfway.

So yah, if anyone can tell me how much credits I'd need to access 1 download (3-4 max) and if that can be obtained through shares, tell me. Also, if such is possible, what files would you like so I could check if I have them or if they're pre 2010-2011 Rock Band (before the new encryption from Harmonix) I could do them on the fly.
    Last edited by neurovibe; 07-08-2015 at 11:24. Reason: added thread subscription

2. 07-08-2015  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Yes, usually how it works around here is you earn a rep point by sharing material. Once you earn a reputation point you are granted access to the thread you wish, but you must reply to a thread to download material

3. 09-08-2015  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Taurean View Post
    Yes, usually how it works around here is you earn a rep point by sharing material. Once you earn a reputation point you are granted access to the thread you wish, but you must reply to a thread to download material
    Thanks for making that clear for me! And by replying to a thread, I imagine I must reply in the thread that contains the download link?

EDIT: I tried reading the Sticky to offer a download and know which hosts are allowed but I don't have access to view so I'll ask here: are mediafire and/or Mega accepted?

EDIT 2: I don't want to post duplicate content as per the rules, and in my first up I want to do, I know the already available mogg in circulation is cutoff halfway through so I decrypted it myself and want to up it but I can see someone has uploaded one here. I don't have viewing access to this thread so I can't see if this file cuts off (Well Thought Out Twinkles). Do I take a risk and upload it and if we find out mine's complete versus the other no, I can take mine down?
    Last edited by neurovibe; 09-08-2015 at 07:47. Reason: added a question about file hosts

4. 09-08-2015  #4

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neurovibe View Post
    Thanks for making that clear for me! And by replying to a thread, I imagine I must reply in the thread that contains the download link?

EDIT: I tried reading the Sticky to offer a download and know which hosts are allowed but I don't have access to view so I'll ask here: are mediafire and/or Mega accepted?

EDIT 2: I don't want to post duplicate content as per the rules, and in my first up I want to do, I know the already available mogg in circulation is cutoff halfway through so I decrypted it myself and want to up it but I can see someone has uploaded one here. I don't have viewing access to this thread so I can't see if this file cuts off (Well Thought Out Twinkles). Do I take a risk and upload it and if we find out mine's complete versus the other no, I can take mine down?
    1. Mega is much better. Mediafire has copyright issues as well. Or why not Google Drive? Mega and Google Drive works.
    2. Maybe take the risk and change the title a bit by adding '(Acapella)' or '(Self-filtered)'.

5. 09-08-2015  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Argh
    I don't even understood where I need to post someting to get credits :/

6. 10-08-2015  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rancewell View Post
    1. Mega is much better. Mediafire has copyright issues as well. Or why not Google Drive? Mega and Google Drive works.
    2. Maybe take the risk and change the title a bit by adding '(Acapella)' or '(Self-filtered)'.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDafter30 View Post
    Argh
    I don't even understood where I need to post someting to get credits :/
    All downloads need to go in the Vault's subsections, you can see it on the front page under Lounge (where we're now). Don't forget to encapsulate your download link(s) with HIDE tags.

7. 12-08-2015  #7

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yes, and doing that costs you 1 credit as well. Meaning you will need +7 reps to maintain access to the Vault

I looked up the thread and there is no clue either, one track (It's Nice To Know You Work Alone) is said to be only 2 mins so likely they are the cut-off version.

If you really need definite confirmation, I could give away one C to download and check it out (bought my C a few months ago plus I got some unique content shared so I have some to spare)
    오디션 온라인

8. 13-08-2015  #8

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I must apologise for not having a clear enough protocol for this. I honestly thought with it being mentioned in the Terms & Conditions which you have to agree to before posting would be enough. Incase they got over-looked there is information on the sharing system in the Help (FAQ), maybe it isnt clear enough there either.

We will look into enhancing our helpbase.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

9. 13-08-2015  #9

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I must apologise for not having a clear enough protocol for this. I honestly thought with it being mentioned in the Terms & Conditions which you have to agree to before posting would be enough. Incase they got over-looked there is information on the sharing system in the Help (FAQ), maybe it isnt clear enough there either.

We will look into enhancing our helpbase.
    While you're at it, you might want to fix this link too (on the main T&C topic), it won't lead to the correct place and so people won't know how credit/rep works anymore
    오디션 온라인

10. 13-08-2015  #10

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I must apologise [..]
    Nah, it's all good. Although yeah, for newcomers who could get confused, might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_BWL View Post
    If you really need definite confirmation, I could give away one C to download and check it out (bought my C a few months ago plus I got some unique content shared so I have some to spare)
    That's really nice of you, but it's okay. Thanks though.