1. 17-06-2015  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Thumbs up How to buy official Acapellas and Instrumentals from a record label?

Hello! I'm here to ask how to buy official acapellas or official instrumentals from a record label?

For example, I want to buy an official instrumental from Republic Records but, I don't know how! Can you guys help me?

NOTE: I'm only 13 and don't make it so hard to explain! Please?

Thank you very much! :)
    [B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#008000"]CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Century Gothic]MarkyAlbert: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrainMark[/FONT][/B]

2. 17-06-2015  #2

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Without making it hard to explain... You can't buy official acapellas or instrumentals from a record label.

3. 17-06-2015  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Like Chris said you cannot. They are not for sale.

4. 18-06-2015  #4

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    You can buy from YG Entertainment, They let you buy Instrumentals, Acapellas & Music Recorded [Instrumentals with Backing Vocals], If you enter X FACTOR they provide you the Instrumental may be Remade or Official depending the artist. But NO you can't buy Acapella's because there would be no reason for you to use unless you were to make your License void by Morphing the Acapella, Instrumentals can be bought if you have a valid reason and by the Master License [Place it was recorded Fees & Producer Fees] & Writer/Artist fees. Most songs aren't 100% meaning you have to ask other labels for a pardon or pay the fee. E.g I wanted to buy Getting Dumb by Will.I.Am, Apl.d.ap & 2NE1 but i would need to Ask Columbia Music, YG Entertainment, Interscope & Atlantic Records for that One song. Just filter it yourself using Adobe Audition.

5. 18-06-2015  #5

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Well I've seen it all now, a 13 year old asking if it's possible to buy acapellas or instrumentals direct from a record label?
    I suppose if you're one of the Sultan of Brunei's kids maybe, but still not from any of the big major labels or record companies (Universal/Sony etc)
    If you're a serious professional remixer with established industry credentials like a Ben Liebrand etc you can request to do an official remix, but it's still up to the artist and whatever label they are signed with to approve it or not. If it's a small independent label it does not hurt to ask I guess. If I were you I'd just continue perfecting my craft with what's available on the net, and if your mixes are good and people take notice more opportunities will come later. :)
    Last edited by INGSOC; 18-06-2015 at 19:58.

6. 18-06-2015  #6

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I once asked a well-known record label for separated tracks such as acapellas and instrumentals and gave them the reason that I was 'Studying the Music'. They were excited to hear and asked me my info so we could meet. I never gave it to them because at the time I was too young to be taken seriously, and live in the smallest 'city' I can think of. I did however get a few more responses asking why I couldn't set up a meeting. I replied that I wouldn't have time to actually talk outside of the web because I was busy with other artist's songs to study. They eventually gave me an instrumental and asked for my study response on it. I gave them some bull because I didn't start studying music for another two years, but they let me keep it and gave me a free license to the song to do what I please with it. Which is kind of cool and I wish I could do this again.
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

7. 19-06-2015  #7

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Well young Marky Albert DO NOT do what this guy ^^ did! Lol ;)

You never want to lie to any record label to get something. One, it's dishonest and two, if you ever want to someday become something other than just an unknown bedroom remixer for the rest of your life the reputation you earn along the way is very important. As a professional remixer labels and artists have to be able to trust you with the exclusive remix materials they give you.
    If you deceive or burn them in any way good luck ever getting another serious remix offer again.
    It might be tempting to lie to get what you want now but it's not worth hurting your reputation.

If you want to contact labels directly instead of making up some bs about "studying music" just be upfront and say something like "Hi, my name is Marky Albert, I'm an aspiring young remixer from the Philippines and would like to know if it would be possible to get some tracks from your label for strictly non profit remixing purposes. I would be happy to send you the finished mixes to show you my work. Any help is appreciated. Thank you"
    It's that simple. Realistically they'll probably say no, or just ignore the request but you never know until you try right?

Good Luck buddy :)

8. 19-06-2015  #8

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    If you want to buy acapellas/instrumentals, some record labels release a song with an instrumental and/or acapella included (usually you can find what i'm talking about on some vinyls). But in these times, some record labels release the instrumentals along with the original song in the form of a CD Single (Examples are Ellie Goulding's "Love Me Like You Do", Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and "We Can't Stop" etc...). But like the others said here, you can't just buy instrumentals/acapellas like that. If you're some sort of professional and a well know DJ/producer, you need to buy the resources, the resources will get to you (which is why DJ Earwom, Daniel Kim and the likes get the resources they want).

If you ever wonder how instrumentals/acapellas get leak, here are some of the reasons:
    - DJs who have exclusive resources share it with other DJs and remixers, and eventually they'll get leaked
    - A person gains control and access to the computer where the instrumentals/acapellas are kept and copies the file.
    - From trading

I hope this kinda clear things out. :)