1. 18-05-2015  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

What do you think of peoples who sell exclusive stuff ?

Hello

I heard that there is a guy who bought the instrumental album of 20/20 experience by justin timberlake for 200$

Honnestly I think it's a swindle to sell so expensively this stuff, you don't think ?

2. 18-05-2015  #2

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    As stems arnt available to most of the public via retail i think ts unfair anyway. Hense why i opened LR!

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

3. 18-05-2015  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    yeah for stems i understand because this is rare, but personally, I don't want to spend money just for instrumental or acapella stuff

I know somebody who sell instrumentals for 50$, this is very expensive just for this kind of stuff no ? Even if it's rare instrumentals (liberian girl by michael jackson for example)

4. 02-06-2015  #4

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    I steer clear of those intending to profit off of things they don't have the rights to sell, but that's just me. When you actually work in the music industry for awhile you see a lot of shady things going on and you begin to really feel bad for the small artists just trying to make a living. I've seen interns take unreleased tracks with thumb drives right out of the studio, then find out later their boss was doing it too just to give out to their friends. Technically making unofficial remixes/mashups is illegal unless you get the permission of the copyright holder/s though I think they tend not to pursue it any further unless there's money involved.

As far as people selling acapellas/instrumentals it happens. I know of a dj who tried to sell one of my friends Nu Shooz-I can't Wait studio acapella a few years ago for $500. The sad part is there probably are people out there that would do it. I'd rather invest in some studio gear instead haha

5. 02-06-2015  #5

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I know a few people who try to do this. It's really odd to me, seeing as the people who sell them don't own them.
    I once had the opportunity to buy the Michael Jackson Master (Multitrack) Discography. Thing is they were charging enough for me to go buy a car. I bought the car. But if I had gotten those files, and it wasn't a scam, I'd be completely amazed.

If you're going to buy, make sure to ask for previews of EVERY FILE THEY CLAIM TO HAVE.
    If they can't do that, they're either lazy pricks, or are trying to scam you.

If you are selling, be weary of agents, who will buy instantly, then sue the living shit out of you.
    And make sure to send previews ;)

Have fun!
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)