Hello there from DJ Hypex. Okay I just made that up. 20 years ago. Not many know. :-D

I am a product of the 80's and grew up in the era of extended 12 inch versions and remixes. I even cut my own mixes direct from vinyl to tape as a teenager and experimented with recording a "live remix" to tape. I got quite good doing so, finding I just had to press pause at the right moment. And that you also needed a tape deck with a perfect zero-latency cut, like the portable Sanyo we had. Sadly the new Pioneer hifi we bought at the time was useless and took a second to record after a pause.

I planned to continue the hobby on computers when I found my Amiga was suitable for the job but never got around to doing so. I did however end up creating my own techno music plus remixes of my own stuff and other Amiga songs so the passion was still there.

Some years back I found that other people had the same ideas as my teenage self by creating extended mixes via looping sections of a 7 inch version. Is anything original? And although they were professionally cut, obviously helped by computer, I found that without being able to isolate instruments like drums or progressively drop instruments in extended sections they simply missed the point. Since they tended to sound fake or boring after a while. And weren't as cool as a "real" remix.

But it was only a few months ago by accident that I discovered the joy of multi-track stems. And found not only were some of my favorite songs available as separate tracks but some were released officially by the musicians themselves. :-O Finally, people who understand me! LOL. :-P I was almost in shock. :-D

Well that pretty much introduces me. Possibly invoking questions. Happy to to be among like minded people. :-)