1. 13-05-2014  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Food for thought

Does anyone else here find it a little more than ironic that some people are very possessive and protective of THEIR rips, or THEIR rare content, or THEIR whatever, when in actual fact it's somebody else's? I'm not upset about a ratio, torrent sites usually require them, and that's fair. You can download, even with nothing to share, but you'll have to keep those links open and give back what you have been given. Here, not as easy, but still essentially the same.

What I'm talking about are those who are possessive of the content that they have to share, and they do everything in their power to make sure THEIR content is kept safe. But it's not THEIR content, it's SOMEONE ELSE'S! It's a weird paradigm when Lars Ulrich is a complete dickhead for trying to safeguard his art, and it is HIS ART. And we (some) are pissed to no end when our, ummm ... liberations, are leaked and become available. How dare they!

How can a thief condemn another thief? But they do.

And how can we knock artists, when we act the same way? Though our currency is their hard work?

Just a thought ... anyways CHEERS!!!

2. 13-05-2014  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I reckon this is their thought process:

If any of my links are dead, just PM me requesting to re-up.

3. 14-05-2014  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    The only time I get protective over anything I upload is when someone shares my link elsewhere!

I uploaded something last year that I know wasn't available anywhere else on the internet. I found out that someone had put in on soundcloud and youtube and included my link for the download.
    My file was downloaded thousands of times which attracted the attention of the hosting site.... and they removed it.... along with lots of my other files.

If the person who shared my link had downloaded it and then uploaded and shared their own link, I wouldn't have been bothered in the slightest.

I recently uploaded a studio acapella which is REALLY difficult to find elsewhere and within half an hour someone had put it on youtube.... but they didn't include my link, so I'm fine with it!

If you have the acapella/instrumental/stems to track... either share them, or don't. If you choose not to share them, that's fine, but don't lord it over other people (I'm talking "trading" files here, which really gets on my man boobs!)

If you're the original artist/producer/publisher/record label, then you can absolutely be precious about your files. If not, then get over it.... nobody's making you upload your files!

Arrrggg... rant over... I'm off to get another beer (it's only 6pm, but it's ok cos it's sunny!)

4. 02-06-2014  #4

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I hope I got the idea of the thread right!
    Everyone would re-post something they think is important for other people for their own good, this is the internet, who will know who's post/song/re-make/exclusive was this at first, the worst thing is when they don't even give you some credit.
    But it can't be stopped! (unless you tag the hell out of it) xD!