1. 01-05-2014  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Cool Going to see Bill Cosby perform at Tulip Time!! :D

I found out last night that he would be coming to Tulip Time this year, but when I did a little searching online, I found a link for a chance to win tickets to the show. I filled out the entry form and was about to submit it until I went back to the top of the page and saw that April 25 was my last day to register (4 days ago).

"Well, no biggie. I'll just buy a ticket instead."

Here's the thing though. My boss won't allow day-off requests between May 3-12 because of Tulip Time traffic. Cosby performs May 9 (damn it!). That's when it hit me: I get 2 allotted days off every work week. So, if tickets were still available by the time my boss punched in for the day to tell him I need the 9th off that week for [insert shitty excuse here], he could finish next week's work schedule (that he types every Wednesday -- today). If he approved my request, my plan was to call home and quick have my mother reserve a ticket over the phone before they all sell out (because, hey, its BILL COSBY, a complete comedy LEGEND).

I got lucky... BIG TIME. Not only did my day-off request get approved, but when I got back home from work, this was what my mother told me... I was only able to get a ticket when she called because someone who was placed on a waiting list called the office and had cancelled their ticket a few MINUTES AGO (hell yeah, there's hope!). :D

At this point, I'm thinking the only available ticket is a shitty seat in the back of the auditorium... NOPE!

I'll be sitting in section GB, Row 2. The only other options for a seat was section BJ from a bus trip that also cancelled. :p

When we called back and asked if there was a chance to buy any other extra tickets by this time of day, the box office lady laughed. Why? Tickets for Bill Cosby had already sold out months in advance.

Long story short, I'm a lucky guy about to see one of the kings of stand-up, right in my hometown. B)

2. 01-05-2014  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Here's a taste of what I'll be attending. Granted, he's nothing like George Carlin (respectively), but he's still a legend in comedy, and for that, I'm glad I'll be attending. :D

3. 09-05-2014  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I JUST GOT TWO BETTER TICKETS IN SECTION A, ROW 10!!!! Now the whole family's going!! My grandma volunteers during Tulip Time, and apparently she had connections with someone who had reserved spare tickets. :D I'll be as close to the center aisle as possible with my brother now. Hopefully I can record the show too, but I know for sure I'll be taking pictures. :D

4. 10-05-2014  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Just finished uploading the show, hope you enjoy it as much as I did tonight. B)

Bill Cosby at Tulip Time

5. 15-12-2014  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks, Tyler!