You have already rated this thread
  1. 27-07-2010  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maroon 5 Vs. Gorillaz (Feel Good About This Love)

Remix Rating:

Mix of "This Love"''s vocals and various samples from "Feel Good Inc." Seeing as this is my first real attempt at a mashup, I'm sure there's plenty of flaws, but I do think the basic ideas worked.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/dr-lakata/maroon-5-vs-gorillaz-feel-good-about-this-love[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Hope you guys like it!

-Doc

2. 27-07-2010  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hmm, Sorry mate, but the basic idea for me is lost somewhere, there were too many off-beat and out of sync parts which is causing this song to go all over the place. I know "Feel good Inc" but do not know the other song. However, the true element of a mashup is to synchronize one with the other such that its flawless in its flow. In terms of tune and in terms of beat. I for one do not get that with this. I suggest you look at a few Mashups done by some members here, S.I.R comes to my mind, and get a feel of what a Mashup is. Reproduce them, and see what works for you. All the content is available on this site so give it a go! :)

3. 27-07-2010  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thanks so much, that helps a lot. Looking at it a little more clearly now, I can easily see the drums beats now quite lining up like a wanted them to, I believe they got lost in some tempo changes made. Definetly should have spent a little more time on this, probably would have caught more mistakes like that. But anyways, thanks for being encouraging, my good man, I'll put your advice to practice!

-Doc

4. 27-07-2010  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    a good first try I'd say, plenty of ideas here that work
    [B][FONT="Arial"]"What you can see, will not be all that prevails in the world."[/FONT][/B]