1. 19-05-2013  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Angry Having consistent timbre issues with NI Massive, can someone please help?

I have Native Instruments Massive v1.3.0. Don't ask why such a low version. Full license, and had this issue once or twice before. The timbre keeps changing every 2 bars, I have an example, a dubstep song I've been working on, I didn't use any presets in it, the wobble bass that starts stays consistent through the whole 8 bar sample on soundcloud (link below), but the high pitched bass that I have right after it (only two bass synths are active in the sample) changes timbre just slightly every two bars. It gets really annoying and it's plenty enough to notice in a full length song, I would keep it there, but I want that filthy sound that plays the second and forth time, but it changes to something that I don't like and it just doesn't add to the song, it seems to take away. I changed all the Oscillators under "KTR OSC" to "Linear" and that helps for a bit, but after a while it starts doing it again. I can re-load the project and it goes the original sound I designed (second and fourth), but it doesn't stay that way, and it begins to change again. Any ideas?

Using:
    FL Studio 10.0.9
    NI Massive 1.3.0
    Parametric EQ 2
    and Fruity Reverb 2

Steps to get the same sound in Massive
    Osc 1:
    Two octaves lower (-24) on Square-Saw I (Squ-Sw I). All knobs 100%.

Osc 2:
    Two octaves lower (-24) on Math II (Roughmath II). All knobs 100%.

Filter 1: Scream
    Cutoff at 0% (adding a perf to it later)
    Scream about 65%
    Resonance 50%
    Vol 100%

Mix1 <> Mix2: 100% Mix1

5 LFO:
    Turn into Performer
    Sync, ration 1/8
    XFade Seq, +100%
    Load Curve: Very Left 3rd Row, use for all except very first one on the top.
    Load Curve: Very Left 1st Row, use for first one.

EQ Settings
    Treble +12
    Mids 0
    Bass -12

Reverb Cathedral Preset.

(The sound you get from this will have no bass to it, for I used a different instance of Massive for the bass behind it. A simple Grn II (wt-position 0) and Additiv VI (wt-position 100) both at -24 with Intensity at 0%)

Thanks in advance.

Soundcloud Sample Link: http://soundcloud.com/umbra-official...p-me-with-this
    Last edited by UmbraOfficial; 19-05-2013 at 23:42. Reason: Might help if I included the link I mentioned..
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Umbra Official[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Dubstep, Trance, Hip-Hop, Metal and so much more![/COLOR]
    Hidden Content http://facebook.com/umbraofficial
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UmbraOfficial9897

2. 18-03-2014  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seems like you're having phasing issues... in the global tab (this is off the top of my head) there's a "reset oscillators" or "reset via gate" something along the lines of that. Have that ticked BEFORE you start making sounds or what I've done is made my own init patch with that box ticked just to save the hassle of doing it every time I want to make a bass. Also maybe try playing around with the portamento settings, you could be accidentally hitting 2 notes at once without realizing. :)