Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Question Wii U......Anyone got one??

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :@

All I can find online is people bitching @ each other and no real truths/honest opinions/specs of this new console.

Santa was thinking of bringing Mrs Daddy Gaz one,and maybe even AC3,Mario & Tekken for Mr Daddy Gaz....

I had no idea how much ps3 users/360 owners and Nintendo followers bitch at each other.Thank heavens for LR once more...

Has anybody bought a Wii U,and if so what do you genuinely think of it without comparing it to ps3 or 360.I have had a 360,6 ps3's,a Wii and I am a pc gamer so I know what they are all like.

I just want some genuine honest feedback about this new console without comparisons.

eg....how does the controller fair,is the touchscreen shit,what are standard wiimotes (not wii plus ones) like with the U, what are the games like,do they run full 1080p etc....???????

Any help would be appreciated before there are none left in the north pole

:)

Thanks

Out there and back

2. 12-12-2012  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hmmm, i only play 2 games. Dota2 and CS:GO. They are both on PC/Steam so can't help you buddy.
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

3. 12-12-2012  #3

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    No problemo Mr Beats.

I got one anyway,the wife wanted it so that kinda made the decision easy no matter what anyone else said (if ya get me)

Less hassle....done deal = easy life!

but thanks

Will let everyone know what my opinion of it is on this thread.

*EDIT*

Ok,I spent a few hours setting this thing up and getting it ready...partially to save santa a bit of time on Christmas Eve but also to make more time for eating and getting drunk on Christmas Day.

First thing of note is there is no ethernet port,so a wifi connection is needed.If you want ethernet,you must buy a seperate usb ethernet adapter.I did not know this until I opened the thing!!! Didn't see this mentioned anywhere online either.

Initial setup is really easy although the firmware update which has to be done took about 45 minutes on our high speed line,after that it was pretty much have a quick look about and see whats what.

Didn't play any games as that would just spoil things but my first impression of the console and the controller is that they are very good.Straight away has that nintendo feel to it,and I can see it being a lot of fun no matter what all the haters say about it or its component specs.I totally got (within 5 minutes) what nintendos vision was with this thing.

The controller paired with both our tv and sattelite receiver on first attempt,and the controller even works from different rooms of the house.....meaning I can take AC3 or Tekken to bed for an under the cover slice or kung fu fest.

The only game that I have seen so far that requires a wiimote motion plus is nintendoland,all the others say on the back of the boxes whats required/compatable etc.

Also something to note, (from wiki) you can have up to twelve users with 12 nintendo network id's all registered to the one machine,which is pretty ok.

Will def give this thread a few more updates,but so far I am 100% convinced this machine will be just fine in its own right,and provide us with lots of entertainment untill the next ms xbox or sony ps comes out.
    Last edited by Gaz; 13-12-2012 at 03:33.

Out there and back

4. 27-12-2012  #4

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    ok! all I have to say for now is ......

1 hour in bed playing new super mario bros and I'm completely in love!!!!!

Ps3 will be redundant for a while,zombies or not!!!! And zombies on black ops 2 is class!

Retro gamers will love this console imo

Hats off to Nintendo

Out there and back

5. 01-01-2013  #5

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Talking to myself again but so what!!!

The Wii U has a seperate cpu for os.It has 2gig ddr from what I can gather,and this is split between os and game.Has an amd gpgpu designed to take a lot of cpu load leaving more of the main cpu for other things.I read a big developer said.....on the wii u our game is running a 15% load on cpu,on other machines it runs at like 95%.

It has been designed in such a way that you can suspend your game by hitting the home button,and then use any of the other os functions eg. web browser,nintendo eshop,chat,miiverse,love film,any other app....when ur done...return to your game! well cool

This cannot be done on ps3,i cant remember about the xbox but this is a very nifty little feature that will have thrown sony and microsoft a severe curve ball if they have not already implemented an idea like this into their new machines.

I dont care how much more powerful the new ps or xbox will be,this wii u is the shit,CoD black ops 2,2player no split screen....1 on game pad one on tv,also this can be done online and is amazing.The gamepad screen is very vivid and bright and the dual displays on two player are class.All games run native 1080p...not so sure on the res of the gamepad touch screen though it does look very good on black ops 2 and ac3.I personally think the graphics are better too and these are just ported games.Woop to being able to play in bed also.

Nintendo have come in hard with this stuff,and there are many haters out there of nintento due to the way they operate.

But for me,my wife and for now Im well chuffed.

If the devs get on board right,this is gonna kick ass 4 a while.Too much bad publicity between nintendo being tight lipped about the console,and also about future game launches did them no favours on sales,but they had to be tight lipped with some of the party tricks they were bringing!

I overcame my fears,and am in a world of joy!!!!

Yay wii U and the mrs loves it

Last edited by Gaz; 01-01-2013 at 15:09. Reason: drunken typoisms

Out there and back

6. 23-01-2013  #6

Memorial Account

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    I'm glad you've got good things to say about the Wii U; all I've heard about it so far is how poorly it's selling, which kind of sucks. One way or another, I think Nintendo has had the best casual games of any console maker (Mario Kart, anyone?), so it's kind of disheartening to see that it hasn't had very good sales.

Were it not for the price tag I think I'd have gotten one already.

7. 23-01-2013  #7

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    You could get by with the standard version with 8gb flash memory Max.

It has had poor sales because so many have given it such a hard time without trying it or seeing it in action.

My ps3 is only good for Fifa now.

No doubt peeps will be doing multitrack game rips from the wii u sooner or later,probs before the new microsoft console or playstation anyway.

Out there and back

8. 19-02-2013  #8

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I bought it on the second day release and all I can say is that's a great system.

I think that today we get a lot of the same games that we have on another systems, but obviously it's cheaper to the developers and publishers.

IMO, the great value is in the customization of the games, using the second screen (the developers need more time to create better use of the gamepad) like we can see in ZombiU, one of my favorite ones.

9. 20-02-2013  #9

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloseduardo View Post
    I bought it on the second day release and all I can say is that's a great system.

I think that today we get a lot of the same games that we have on another systems, but obviously it's cheaper to the developers and publishers.

IMO, the great value is in the customization of the games, using the second screen (the developers need more time to create better use of the gamepad) like we can see in ZombiU, one of my favorite ones.
    need for speed most wanted should be a big step up from ps3/360

criterion have went all out.

lots more developer tools and help from nintendo now since initial launch which is good.

Out there and back

10. 26-07-2013  #10

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    i have, its great and you can switch to normal wii