Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 07-11-2012  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Question An idea for DIY acapella threads...

Is it possible to add (mandatory?) "rate this DIY" to all DIY topics? Some of them are mediocre at best and I think it would help people not waste precious REPs. The best possible solution would be something like this: for a reply on a DIY acapella, you lose 2 REPs and if you rate the DIY in question, you get one REP back. How about it? Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

2. 07-11-2012  #2

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Personally, I Think It's Pointless To Rate A DIY... Everyone Has The Option To Go Back And Edit Their Post, So They Can Simply Edit It And Write "This DIY Sucks" Or "This DIY Is Great"... I Think People Are Just Lazy... If You're Worried About People Using Their Precious Rep, How Do You Think The People Will Feel To Lose 2 Rep On A DIY, And Then Have To Go Back To Rate In Order To Gain One Back??? I Think That's An Idea Just Waiting To Blow Up In Our Face... The Only Other Thing I Could Recommend Is The "5-Star" Rating System We Have On The "Your Remixes" Section, But People Don't Really Use It... I Think All DIY's Are Worthless... They All Fail At Some Point... Either They Have To Much Artifact Bleed Through, Or The DIYer Used To Much Filters, And It Has That "Under Water" Sound... Some Are "Decent", but Then You Have To Think... How Can You Be "Professional" With A DIY...

Thanks For Your Input, My Word Is Not Final, This Is Only My Opinion... I'm Sure The Rest Of The Staff Will Chime In...

3. 07-11-2012  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    ADDiCT, thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. People really are lazy, but with my idea they'd only lose one REP (the same as now) with a small, but important difference: those who visit the thread after them don't have to lose even one REP if the DIY collects too many bad ratings. With the current situation, what stimulates people to come back and rate the DIY in their posts? Nothing. I think and hope that this forum is not about leeching. My idea goes along the same line, nothing else. We share and/or contribute any way we can.

And I don't think all DIYs are bad. There are some great ones and that's another reason why my idea could be useful (to separate the good from the bad). Also, if people help others by pointing to what's good and what's bad, it could (maybe) stimulate people to come up with better stuff.

Sure, having a studio acapella will help you make a better sounding remix, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Not even the best studio acapella can save a crappy remix. It'll only sound better, but it'll still be crap (just better sounding crap, that is).

4. 07-11-2012  #4

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    That's What The Chat Is For, You Say Something, Share An Opinion, Someone Replies... LoL...

Don't Get Me Wrong, Your Idea Is A Good One, But It's Almost Like We Are "Forcing" The Members To Go Back And Rate The DIY In Order To Receive One Of The 2 Reps Back... I Just Don't Think That's Fair...

Now, With The Option To Edit Your Own Post, You Would Think People Would Go Back And Say That It Is Good/Bad DIY... But They Don't... The Only Thing They Care About Is If They Lost A Rep To A Dead Link... I Mean if You Are Downloading A DIY, Good Or Bad, You're Still Taking A Risk... It's A DIY... LoL... Like You Said, They Can Have A Crappy Remix, And A Studio Pella Would Just Make It A Better Sounding Crappy Mix... Now, What About A Great Mix, With A DIY... Don't You Think Using A DIY Knocks Down Your Rep As A Remixer/Producer... It's Almost Like You're Good, But Not Good Enough To Get The Studio Pella And Make Your Mix "Official"...

Me Being In The "Biz", I Know That Labels Are Not Interested In A Mix Using A DIY (No Matter How Clean) And No Matter How Sick The Mix Is... It's Best To Make A Mix Using The DIY (For Producing Purposes), But Only Render The Instruments, Not The Vox, And Promote That... You Will Get A Lot Farther Sending In Your Instrumental Mix To A Rep, Than Your Mix With The DIY...

No, All DIY's Aren't Bad At All... Glamour Services Just Posted A Very Clean And Useable DIY Of "Skyfall" (Which Can Be Found Here: http://literecords.com/x2/showthread...CLEAN-LOSSLESS). But Being A "Professional" Remixer, It Doesn't Look Professional To Use DIY's... And Being That It Was A Good DIY, Shit... I'll Even Say It's A Great DIY, Almost Everyone Who downloaded/Replied Said "Thanks, I Hope It's Good", But No One Went Back To Edit And Say "This Is A Good/Great DIY"... They Don't Care... All People Care About Is Getting What They Want, And Leaving...

It's A Cruel Effed Up World We Live In, But Unfortunately, That's How It Is... Like I Said In My First post, I'm Sure Other Staff/Members Will Chime In, But Ultimately It's Up To Brad... If He Feels This Is A Good Idea And Will Promote Productivity On The Site, I'm Sure He'll Take It Into Consideration...

5. 08-11-2012  #5

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I think its a shit idea....

Unless we brought a rating thingy in for all the stuff in the download vault it would be pointless....and that would get abused.

people complain when stuff is shit

and they will still complain if they can rate files or not.

download it,take the hit,if its shit edit your post and move on

just my opinion

Out there and back

6. 08-11-2012  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    they can have a crappy remix, and a studio pella would just make it a better sounding crappy mix...
    lmfao
    P.S Instrumentals and Stems Are For Unimaginative Cheats

7. 08-11-2012  #7

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    It is for statements like this that I want to start a lets get addict his job back petition!!!!!!!

Out there and back

8. 10-11-2012  #8

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    soon as it says diy i worry and dont expect much

9. 11-11-2012  #9

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Exactly. And when ADDiCT writes "Adele's Skyfall DIY is very good", I download it right away (which I probably wouldn't have done without his recommendation).

10. 12-11-2012  #10

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Thats why users report/give feedback on threads.....to assist other members in deciding whether or not to download....

Here is an example

http://literecords.com/x2/showthread...ghlight=weapon

Except when its as addict says....they have nothing to complain about and they take their shit and leave with no feedback....

.........So what I deduce from this is....if there are complaints about a diy.....there must be an issue (as in the example I gave)

If users have said fuck all then it must be good (as in the example addict used)

Seems like a pretty good system to me
    Last edited by Gaz; 12-11-2012 at 02:44. Reason: added some

Out there and back