1. 11-10-2012  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Bruno Mars Vs Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull - Hit The Floor Just The Way You Are

This is like the S.I.R. Mashup...only in better quality,the music hasn't need to be pitched down like s.i.r. version, and the vocals are studio ones now...well..i pitched bruno mars a bit but it sounds greatanyway^...and here and there i put some autotune...enjoy^^

http://www.mediafire.com/?87la7ndo2ybfg8m
    Last edited by Chris; 11-10-2012 at 17:39. Reason: original post

2. 11-10-2012  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dude ... two things:

1. You've basically rerubbed a mashup that you admit was someone elses, whilst claiming your's to be superior. Thats a bad move. You should have at least let SIR know you were reworking it. We are a small community (mashup makers) and word spreads.

2. Why hide the track? You don't need to do that in any other section (other than the resource sections).
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: Hidden Content
    FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE: Hidden Content
    DOWNLOAD MY MASHUPs: Hidden Content

3. 11-10-2012  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    i don't think he own the original tracks....did he write them? no^^

so it's everyone's freedom to do mashups and i surely don't need to inform anyone...that's what i get for being nice and re-do a track...thanks^^......and it's not a bad move to call it better quality mash up...it just sounds better.....

oh sry...ok i unhide that^^
    Last edited by floorfilla1987; 11-10-2012 at 13:42.

4. 11-10-2012  #4

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    floorfilla, I'm sorry, but I have to side with Dylan on this one. There are a lot of "thieves" out there, so rather than get categorized under a mashup thief, you should have contacted S.I.R. or whoever the original mashupper was, and ask for their "blessing" to remake it. Like Dylan said, mashup artists are a small community (getting bigger by the second though), and I'm sure he would have no problem in letting you tweak it. Trying to go the "does he own the original tracks... did he write them? no^^" way is a bad attitude, and I would like to warn you now, an attitude like will only get you banned here. You posted up material, someone gave you their input. You can either accept it, or deny it. That's it. No need to get snippy.

PS: Next time please add a soundcloud link, it is much better to listen that way than having to download a file and listen.

Thanks,
    -Chris (LR STAFF)

5. 11-10-2012  #5

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    seems like my better version is not deserved here...allright,i delete the track---

and sorry but again:i don't have to ask anyone if i re-do a mashup,it's still something everyone can do so no one has to ask someone who only does mash-ups to re-do a mashup,especially someone who is much more than just a mash-upper^^

i think my "attitude" is right,i wanted to share a better quality product but i surely don't need to be treaten like the devil in person,anywho my discussion is over for this post and from now on i limit myself by posting rare acapellas or DIY ones....

bye

6. 11-10-2012  #6

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Why are you acting like a little kid? Why are you editing your original post? I'm only telling you the right from wrong. No need to act childish.

Just think about it this way. How would you feel if you made a mashup, and someone made it "better" and posted everywhere and giving you a small amount of credit and bad mouthing your original work. I bet you wouldn't feel so good.

You can "think" whatever you want, but in fact your attitude is wrong. Yet again you are taking the immature route when all I'm doing is trying to help. You are not being treated like the devil, although you should get a spanking for acting like a child. I will delete this thread, from now on, if you are going to post work, make sure it's your own.

Just please play nice, and other will play nice also. If you talk to fellow members with a snippy attitude, and others will "treat you like the devil in person".

Take care,
    -Chris (LR STAFF)

7. 11-10-2012  #7

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    To chime in here ....

No one said you couldn't remake someone elses work, mashup people do that all day long, but when you're remaking someone idea - its decent and polite to just send them a quick PM or email. Acting like an idiot or saying something like SIR is ONLY a mashup maker is offensive.

I was just pointing out you're error originally. So that you could rectify things before you were branded, but I see that was pointless.

SIR's version by the way (not that I've heard it, although I do know the guy) would have been pitched for a reason, to make the track work harmonically - both source tracks you've used are not in the same musical key. To say something like, I've corrected his mistake in pitching things doesn't make sense. Worse still, I would guess (because I can't push play) that you're "better" version is now out of key.

Attitude is a big thing on forums bud, forums like this are also few and far between. Word spreads if a bad egg is about. My advice is correct you're attitude before you cause offense to the wrong person.
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: Hidden Content
    FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE: Hidden Content
    DOWNLOAD MY MASHUPs: Hidden Content

8. 11-10-2012  #8

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What's up in here lol first of all the link is not working. Second I indeed don't have any problems with people using my mashup ideas as long as they are using it to create something new (not just copy an already existing mashup). While this can happen just because you didn't know that that mashup already existed you admitted yourself you knew about the track before. Also, since you seem to be new and no one has really heard of you before, I don't think you should have that attitude of looking down at anybody.

SO someone finally copied one of my songs one-to-one ... I'm finally a big name in the mashup scene I guess HAHA

PS I actually used the studio sources ...