1. 07-09-2012  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

About Inverted Acapellas

hello you all. I'm with some troubles to get a good quality acapella with phase inversion. ( doesnt get good ones )

I'm requesting for someone who can teach me how to do it ... ( turn it clean, like studio )

thanks, luke.

2. 08-09-2012  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hi Luke,

It's a pretty simple concept as I'm sure you already know. However the problem with using phase inversion techniques to create a clean acapella is that the source files must be high quality and from the same source. IF the original song and the original instrumental are both master quality, then using phase inversion to isolate the acapella should also leave a master quality acapella in theory. But if you have access to the master files, wouldn't you just print a master acapella in the first place?

Second if you have files that are mp3, due to the compression of the files, you will never get a 100% clean phase inverted acapella, you will always have artifacting.

SO, the most important rule in this technique is to have the highest quality matching (bit rate & sampling frequency) file sources and you will have the best results.

It's not easy to find, and I've only had studio like results when purchasing a CD Single that includes the song AND the instrumental, and ripping it to my pc in .wav to create the acapella.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by BBM; 08-09-2012 at 11:32.
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

3. 08-09-2012  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    yeah, it helps, but its not the point.

i wanna someone who can teaches me how to clean it, with filtering ... like Justincredible acapellas ( awwsome)

4. 08-09-2012  #4

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Thats you told bbm LMAO

:D

Out there and back

5. 09-09-2012  #5

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lukebiersack View Post
    i wanna someone who can teaches me how to clean it, with filtering ... like Justincredible acapellas ( awwsome)
    How Bout Asking The "Awwsome" Justincredible???

Does That Solve Your Problem???

Now, What BBM Was Trying To Tell You Is That With MP3 Files, You Are Going To Get Shit Quality DIY, So "Cleaning" Them With Filters Like Justincredible Does, Will Still Leave The DIY Sounding Like Shit, And Having That Robotic Wishy Washy Sound...

And If You Use High Quality Wav Files, Just With Doing A Simple Inversion, You Are Most Likely To Get Cleaner DIY Than The MP3 + Filters...

So What You Wanna Do Is... Whatever Song You Wanna Make A DIY Of, Find A High Quality Rip Of The Main & Instrumental (Preferably Same Source, Because Different Source Files Will Give You Terrible Results) And Invert Them... Usually That Will Give You The Best Result... If Not, Once You Make Your DIY, You Can Add The "Kn0ck0ut" VST (Which Is The "Cleaning" Filter You Speak Of) Mess Around With The Settings, Till You Are Satisfied... If You Are Still Not Happy With The Replies You Are Getting On This Thread, Do What I Said In The Beginning... If You Want DIY's Like Justincredible, Ask Justincredible... Simple As That...

By The Way, Which Song Are You Trying To Make A DIY Of???
    Last edited by Chris; 09-09-2012 at 00:13.

6. 09-09-2012  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADDiCT View Post
    How Bout Asking The "Awwsome" Justincredible???

Does That Solve Your Problem???

Now, What BBM Was Trying To Tell You Is That With MP3 Files, You Are Going To Get Shit Quality DIY, So "Cleaning" Them With Filters Like Justincredible Does, Will Still Leave The DIY Sounding Like Shit, And Having That Robotic Wishy Washy Sound...

And If You Use High Quality Wav Files, Just With Doing A Simple Inversion, You Are Most Likely To Get Cleaner DIY Than The MP3 + Filters...

So What You Wanna Do Is... Whatever Song You Wanna Make A DIY Of, Find A High Quality Rip Of The Main & Instrumental (Preferably Same Source, Because Different Source Files Will Give You Terrible Results) And Invert Them... Usually That Will Give You The Best Result... If Not, Once You Make Your DIY, You Can Add The "Kn0ck0ut" VST (Which Is The "Cleaning" Filter You Speak Of) Mess Around With The Settings, Till You Are Satisfied... If You Are Still Not Happy With The Replies You Are Getting On This Thread, Do What I Said In The Beginning... If You Want DIY's Like Justincredible, Ask Justincredible... Simple As That...

By The Way, Which Song Are You Trying To Make A DIY Of???

Fiction, by Avenged Sevenfold

7. 11-09-2012  #7

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I use Utagoe for making diy acapellas, much better than kn0ck0ut. Best thing is to get a original and instrumental of the song in lossless wav quality if possible. failing that, high quality mp3s work well too.
    Get all my remixes on mp3 Hidden Content

8. 14-09-2012  #8

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The most common problem i have is the instrumental going out of time and messing the whole inversion effect up. If thats your case try to time warp both tracks to the grid.
    Also like ADDiCT said, make sure both the Full Mix and the Instrumental are from the same source. Look for the singles out there!
    Good luck :)