1. 10-07-2012  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

A New Personal Update

Ya no i used to do a lot of these threads back in the lr.co.uk days, not so much these days. Dno whether its cause now life has little issues, im now sole owner so i have to appear to be this professional guru, or if its just because i cba :D (this is a very informal topic so please excuse the informal typin lol).

Some of you may be unlucky enough to remember me back when i was just a simple member back on lr.co.uk. I was an outgoing young man with an open mind and eager to share my issues. You members helped and advised me on picking some of my career options, managing domestic issues like comforting me through a rather difficult break-up with an ex and you even had a say in my other relationships where majority vote pushed me to choose a girl that i have now been with for nearly 4 years!

Shortly after hitting a good turn in my DJing and doing a lot of parties and i travelled to the sunny tourist island of Mallorca. I did 2 and half summer seasons over there before returning back to UK and having my choice in residencies. Well... a few more years on im bored of UK. A lot of bars have gone out of business, people have less money and times have just grown dull. So, whats next i think... i went on holiday back to Mallorca, spoke with some friends and a bar owner has offered me a job next season! Sounds great yea?... Lucy (the gf) isnt happy about it. She isnt keen on the idea that when we come back to UK after the summer she will be jobless and i will be back at my current UK venue. I understand her concern and have advised her that at 21 this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Talks arnt going well, im still trying to convince her (without much luck). I would be DJing a retro bar playing all your favorite old skool and cheesy hits, not my preferred style but im free and willing i suppose. Plus the wage is 3.5x more per week than im currently getting. Im not gonna give a stuck number but for the season its around €13.500 (EUR). I'd be silly to say no wouldnt i? Plus spending my days on the beach in 104 degrees fahrenheit (40 degrees celcuis) with cheap drinks at silly measures!

Im not looking for answers, i just would like to hear some of your comments and let you no whats going on with me right now, as ive been rather reserved over the past couple of years.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 10-07-2012  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Surely Lucy can see that this could be an investment to your futures that's a lot of money in such a period of time... If she truly loves you she has to use the bigger picture she stays and keeps her job you go and BEHAVE but earn the bread and when ur back your £10k better off mortgage deposit money?? New car or that haribo ring she wants lol just sayin she can always come visit...
    P.S Instrumentals and Stems Are For Unimaginative Cheats

3. 10-07-2012  #3

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I appreciate your comments lads. These are things I already knew but hearing you say them has pointed out how bold these points are. In my head I've already accepted the offer, just now finding the right way to deal with it. I suppose I should just "man up" and stick by guns instead of tryna find ways to make it easier on everyone else. I've always said from day 1 with any girl that my career is my first love and nothing is gonna come between that. Cheers for the advice.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

4. 10-07-2012  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    dont lose lucy over it tho brad yeah my producin and DJin will take presidance id never finish kelsea over it play it from my comment see how tht goes lol
    P.S Instrumentals and Stems Are For Unimaginative Cheats

5. 10-07-2012  #5

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Well hopefully mate it won't come down to choosing, I think that would be unfair. Well there's like 8 months till I'm due to start so expect more updates here. It's always better to hear an outside perspective.

6. 10-07-2012  #6

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Hey Brad,thats a sticky one you are in there m8.You have time like you say so wait it out for now.Neither of you need to make any hasty decisions,and you never know she may warm to the idea.Regarding her job,could she not get something in the same field when she came home? Tims option was a good one,you go,she stays and when you come home you's will have the cash,Lucy will have her job,you will still be a DJ and you both still have each other.Thats WIN WIN WIN all round

Out there and back

7. 11-07-2012  #7

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Could you not do the above but she flys out to you every so often so she doesnt lose her job and so you dont have to go months without seeing each other, although a downside is the cost and whether she could be arsed do all the traveling. There is Skype and all that sorta shizz now so it wouldn't be that hard to see each other. The main thing that made me want to comment on this is the job you'll be getting, playing old skool and cheesy hits would be coooooooooooooooooooooool, there's a club/bar close to where i live that plays this sorta stuff plus some cheesy mashups of old and new tunes and its always full. Plus it sells crazy hats and that sorta stuff! amazing!
    HIGH FIVE FOR SEXY MUSIC TIME!!! :D

Hidden Content - New/Old Mashups
    Hidden Content - Older Mashups
    Hidden Content - Mixes/Mix Sets
    ^^^ Check them out! ;) ^^^

8. 12-07-2012  #8

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Well Dave this has been discussed. We have spoke about the whole travelling idea, although money wouldnt be much of a problem the travelling might. Ive told her that she could come over say... last weekend of the month. Maybe book the Thursday/Monday off and have a long weekend. Well mate if things go well at Reflex then i may return every season, if i get a better offer then i may be asking you for a demo and i will see about getting you there. Then you gotta face all these problems lol.

9. 12-07-2012  #9

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    i wonder if they're the same company/brand cause the club close to me is called Reflex too and has those neon lights and retro stuff, plus its got a dance floor that changes colour :D Spose my main prblem would be my dog, but he sleeps alot so it wouldn't really be a problem :D
    HIGH FIVE FOR SEXY MUSIC TIME!!! :D

Hidden Content - New/Old Mashups
    Hidden Content - Older Mashups
    Hidden Content - Mixes/Mix Sets
    ^^^ Check them out! ;) ^^^

10. 12-07-2012  #10

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Get your dog a passport and bring it with ya ;)