Poll: What grid style do you recommend for the forumhome?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum: General Chat   Thread: What Do You Think?

1. 09-02-2012  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

What Do You Think?

You will have noticed the double column forum display, yes?
    I thought this would be a good idea as im a fan of saving space and making every inch count for something. Plus its less scrolling and more compact for quicker navigation. Although i am aware that the 'last post' column has been reduced quite a bit and may be a bother to some. Some members may also collapse some of the categories to focus just on your favorite/relevant topics. Unfortunately this will leave gaps in the template which can not be re-positioned.

We arnt facebook, we wont just change the whole feel of the site and not let you have a say. Im not saying the poll results will reflect the final decision, but ive opened one to see what your views are, feel free to comment aswel.
    Last edited by Thr33; 09-02-2012 at 06:22.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 09-02-2012  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    The only criticism i have is that it looks kinda squashed. Apart from thats its good. much easier to navigate

3. 09-02-2012  #3

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    i like it too cause its easier to navigate around but would swap the lounge column with the download vault column as the lounge section seems to be the welcome part with intro's, general chat etc. where you get to know all about the site and peeps on the site, or maybe i am just use to having lounge first, i don't really know :D
    HIGH FIVE FOR SEXY MUSIC TIME!!! :D

Hidden Content - New/Old Mashups
    Hidden Content - Older Mashups
    Hidden Content - Mixes/Mix Sets
    ^^^ Check them out! ;) ^^^

4. 09-02-2012  #4

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    We did originally have it that way Dave, but i changed it as the majority of our members focus more on the downloads. I thought it was irrelevant as they both at the top lol.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

5. 09-02-2012  #5

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We should do this in two stages. I feel a little too much of info overload with the icons and also the two column layout. Perhaps we can introduce the two in a two week span ? Just a thought..

6. 09-02-2012  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think the dual column layout looks somewhat cramped and cluttered. I'm a fan of the single column.

Haha facebook. :P
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

7. 09-02-2012  #7

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I honestly dont know Brad,I didn't get too much time to check it out or use the forum properly since the changes were made.I defo liked the new look site and icons,and I really like the make people read the rules bit!!!! I also trust your judgement and if you think its beneficial to users then it most likely will be! Im gonna have to resign myself to the 'neither,i think something else' catagory just for now so that I can give you some good old honest feedback.My first impression of the double columns was wow! This looks different!!! But defo not in a bad way,I will nav my way around and get back to you soon!!

Cheers 4 all the hard work yet again!

:)

Out there and back

8. 09-02-2012  #8

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Well... Like Facebook I could just implement it and use the attitude "like it of lump it" lol, but I'm nice that that haha.

For now, I think I will make the old template optional and keep this new double-column layout as default (while this poll is active). Once the votes are in I maybe decide to put the old layout as default and the double-column as optional. Then maybe implement the new layout slowly like Facebook is doing with 'timeline'.

I do get what you are saying as it appears "cramped", but that's perceptional... "cramped", "compact". I want to save space and use every area as valuably as possible.

9. 09-02-2012  #9

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Well after using it for a while I really like it! I (like a dumbass!) cast my vore (lol) already to the I think something else crew before leaving this thread as I thought I had to vore before I could view the forum!!!! But you can defo count me in with the double columns mate!! Another job very well done imo!! And very kind of you to give users a choice after all your efforts!

Out there and back

10. 09-02-2012  #10

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I honestly wasn't pleased at all, when I saw the new design of this site. The icons look weird at some point and the 2 columns are displaying too much content on a smaller space.
    The avatar in front of each thread doesn't help since 90% of the LR users don't have an avatar pic. Plus: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

That's just my opinion... I always prefered using LR instead of sites like BL because the site-design was so much better. It just looked very high-class.

The best change though is this thing on the top right corner, which is displaying the post count and rep credits.
    N7