Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 02-12-2011  #1

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Big Name DJ FAILS!!!! (and how it should be done!)

I thought this was pretty amusing so I decided to share with you all!!!

1 - ATB

2 - Tiesto

3 - Guetta

4 - Guetta (cd fail)

5 - Guetta (really bad mix!!!!)

6 - Deadmau5 (How to do it in style!)

enjoy!!!!

:D
    Last edited by Gaz; 03-12-2011 at 00:48. Reason: typo as per usual ...!

Out there and back

2. 02-12-2011  #2

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I must say i really feel for the first 4. Ive been playing gigs and the CD fucks up, its horrible. Its worse for the lighting technician, he's more confused than you are haha. Number 5 though... Guetta... WTF dude?! I see he isnt using heaphones but still, if your bringing in a track and its skips or the beat is off you drop it IMMEDIATELY! Set a 4 bar loop and correct it, dont continue and hope you fluke the tempo correct when the grid meets back up tut tut. Deadmau5 ive gotta say, composure kicked in and im sure it was luck that he had "sometimes things get complicated" loaded in the backup CDJs.

This is why i dont mix CDs no more, too unreliable. We never had these issues on vinyl, bring back the old school!

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

3. 02-12-2011  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are you sure that video 5 isn't fake? I can't see Guetta dropping 'Geri Halliwell - Raining Men' to be honest haha.
    If any of my links are dead, just PM me requesting to re-up.

4. 03-12-2011  #4

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I must say i really feel for the first 4. Ive been playing gigs and the CD fucks up, its horrible. Its worse for the lighting technician, he's more confused than you are haha. Number 5 though... Guetta... WTF dude?! I see he isnt using heaphones but still, if your bringing in a track and its skips or the beat is off you drop it IMMEDIATELY! Set a 4 bar loop and correct it, dont continue and hope you fluke the tempo correct when the grid meets back up tut tut. Deadmau5 ive gotta say, composure kicked in and im sure it was luck that he had "sometimes things get complicated" loaded in the backup CDJs.

This is why i dont mix CDs no more, too unreliable. We never had these issues on vinyl, bring back the old school!

All very true words my man! I had young at heart skip like a bitch on me at 50th Birthday party I played at! Just as the birthday guest was coming in (it was a surprise party as well ffs!) Thats what I got for borrowing the cd and using the bars cd players! I thought i was for getting murdered....by 200 odd ppl! No such bother in the vinyl days except once in a club,when my mate took over to give me a break he lifted the needle off beachball after my awesome mix with everyone on the floor! Hence he never got another go! He tried to blame me as well lol!
    As andy states the Guetta one could be a fake but its his facial features and expressions that get me.He is definitely mixing something in the clip just maybe not the audio that we hear.And it defo looks to me like it goes horribly wrong.Watch it carefully...If it is fake its an awesome job because as all the bad bits happen in the audio his face and body are definitely reacting to each bit.He cringes so bad I can almost feel it like a kick in the nuts.His head even starts going out of time and he looks like he cant wait to get it over with.Either way pretty damn funny!
    If anyone finds any other clips please post as I think its pretty funny,and little amuses the simple!!
    :)

Out there and back

5. 03-12-2011  #5

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    David Guetta looks like Rodney Trotter.

6. 11-12-2011  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Deadmau5 was all part of the show! And i must add one of the COOLEST things ive ever seen at a gig!!!!
    Hidden Content
    www.chunkycoldmedina.co.uk

7. 11-12-2011  #7

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AAJH View Post
    Are you sure that video 5 isn't fake? I can't see Guetta dropping 'Geri Halliwell - Raining Men' to be honest haha.
    haha It was probably David Guetta ft. Geri Halliwell :D
    HIGH FIVE FOR SEXY MUSIC TIME!!! :D

Hidden Content - New/Old Mashups
    Hidden Content - Older Mashups
    Hidden Content - Mixes/Mix Sets
    ^^^ Check them out! ;) ^^^

8. 08-06-2012  #8

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ouch. The Deadmau5 one is cool as hell!

We had this happen to us a couple of weeks back.... a new club opened in town but in a vaguely residential area. (You might be able to see where this is going.) We were second on the bill, thought it'd be a good craic, but unbeknownst to us the council had put in noise limiters and everytime the volume went above a certain level the sound cut out. The first DJ was absolutely thrown by this.
    Easy, we thought, just keep an eye on the levels, establish where the cut off point is and keep the faders / master volume at a constant level and be careful when mixing two tracks together so as to not tip the balance upwards.
    We went on (me first), and two minutes into my first track (Big Pun - I'm Not A Player) everyone was dancing and the (older!) ladies were getting into it and the power blew in the whole place.
    Everything went silent, and the emergency lighting went on. People started shouting and groaning. I thought we were going to get lynched. Worked out that the people there were pretty cool but they had to shut the club cos they couldn't get their sparky in, and the bar staff couldn't serve anyone cos the tills work off electric and the fridges started to warm up.
    I probably shouldn't say this, but there was an attempt to sort the sound out with a load of extension leads and multi-plugs, but the club had to shut that night because there weren't enough lights to stay open. Got a bit dodgy. :)

9. 09-06-2012  #9

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    I had a power strip and battery backup catch fire once. It shut down everything and black smoke billowed from under the booth...
    So much fun.
    The techs at the club put on a mix from their main board and they had to re run power from more outlets.
    Worked good after that but the whole club smelled of fucking smoke lol.

10. 09-06-2012  #10

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Some funny videos. The deadmau5 one was definitely planned though, haha.

Though this didn't happen at a gig, I've been having a lot of issues with my laptop lately (which is the machine I normally run Serato ITCH, my DJ software, off of). The computer will litearlly overheat and shut down without warning. There is nothing you can really do to fix it (it's a design flaw of the machine), so I've had to DJ lately using a desktop as the software host, haha.

Just thought I'd share my semi-fail experience.

- DJ BgM