It's piqued my interest that there's a lot of metalheads on here, I just want to know what got you into the music and if you went from metal/hard rock to the more extreme types such as doom metal, metalcore, heavy metal, black metal and deathcore.

I myself have always been into metal, my upbringing was at the beginning of Eminem's career but soon ditched that as it didn't appeal to me, apart from the remix of The Way I Am by Danny Lohner featuring Marilyn Manson and his band plus the bass in the instrumental of Stan, but anyways, I remember hearing Green Day's Basket Case when I was 2 months old and now they are one of my favourite bands, they've literally stuck with me my entire life but I've had a friend since my early years and she got me into Marilyn Manson, played The Beautiful People whilst walking around shops, fun memories but she lent me CDs she got with a UK rock magazine which was titled "The Best of 2007" which featured my first taste of Enter Shikari being No Sssweat from their debut Take to the Skies and instantly loved it, now I think about it, I did start listening to them from then so that does mean I've been following them since the debut, anyway, the CD also contained Bullet for my Valentine's Eye of the Storm which I'll admit I did think was a Metallica cover at first with Matt Tuck's vocal performance and having recently heard their cover of Creeping Death back then, she also gave me another CD which again featured Enter Shikari, only not a song from their debut, but their first compilation album entitled The Zone, the song being Kickin Back on the Surface of Your Cheek which gave me an insight to different vocal styles.

Going forward 3 years I heard Escape the Fate's at the time new single, Issues, which I call general rock, I liked it from the moment I heard it, was a little irked when the album version's guitar solo wasn't the one used in the music video but from that song I decided to listen to their other new single at that time which was Massacre which was a step to the heavier side, featuring more screamed vocals, then a year later came Bring Me the Horizon, watching late night music channels, being a now defunct one called Scuzz, I remember their being a half hour showcase for bands every night, this one was fixated on BMTH, only videos from it I remember clearly were Diamonds Aren't Forever, Chelsea Smile and Anthem which instigated my journey to the lower levels of metal which then I found myself listening to Suicide Silence's The Cleansing after borrowing a CD from the same friend, my first taste of 100% deathcore, no clean vocals, all screamed/growled, I then decided this is where my music taste resides.

What's your story?