Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Jammer

Let's talk about Jammer.

Jammer is a mobile app developed by Keezy Corp published in 2017.

The app has 8 buttons to press. Depending on the song, there are either 2, 3 or 4 loop buttons (circles) that repeat themselves. and there are 4, 5 or 6 one-off buttons (squares) that play a single sample one time. If you press these buttons, there might be more samples that are played in a row. For instance if I hit the lower left square on no tears left to cry from Ariana Grande, it'll play the "right now I'm in a state of mind" vocal one-off. Then, if I hit it again, it'll play the "I wanna be in like all the time" then "I just want you to come with me" then "with all the norther mentality" and so on.

There are lots of popular songs featured in the app, especially in the "Pop" genre. According to the developers, Artists send their entire stems (most of the time) and the employee who is working on that song will cut them down to loops and one-offs for remixing the song in the app. Inside the app, the UI is colored based on the Artwork for the song's Album/Single. For example, in "no tears left to cry" again, the loop circles are a deeper blue than the lighter blue squares. Sliding over to Everyday (ft. Future) the one-offs are grey while the loops are the same pink color as the album art.

Why/How is this useful?
    In the stems world, we have what are called Remix Packs. A Remix Pack is different from Stems and Multitracks because it has samples that you use to remix the song yourself (without the full stems to guide you). Normally, a remixer would load the samples into a DAW and set the BPM to the same as the song (to begin) and then arrange the samples along with their own instruments to make remixes. Then by adjusting the tempo to make it faster, a dance version remix can be made and so on.

Jammer gets these stems in full lossless quality (so far, for what I've checked) and when you first open the song, the 128kbps AAC version of these samples are downloaded. If you purchase the song, a slightly higher quality AIF is downloaded. And that's all you get to work with inside of the app. However, when you purchase a song, the download location for the samples is revealed and you can get the version of them that isn't transcoded. This is a WAV file in most instances.

Let's give an example:
    Sample - "Like No Other State Of Mind" vocal sample from no tears left to cry
    Original Quality - https://www.burntscarr.com/audio/64c...29fca46eb3.wav
    AAC-128kbps - https://www.burntscarr.com/audio/917...7092c0d3dc.m4a

How did I figure out where these files are hosted?
    We're gonna skip this answer for now. Don't need to lose access.

What can we predict?
    Jammer hasn't shown any signs of stopping or slowing down, and recently released the Sweetener album as samples for their App (They seem to be good friends with Ariana >.>) - With a very futuristic mindset, if someone who is in the stems community got a job at Keezy/Jammer they could theoretically risk their job to share full length stems. It's not a for sure thing that they even really get full stems, since no proof is given. However, they claim they've got them.

What will be given to us?
    There's not a Song list made for Jammer that I've found (but there's this Artist List) so I'm not sure how you'll request the samples. However just like I did with Jammit, I plan to share everything on here eventually (and hopefully not give up halfway into it this time). These means all the samples in the app will be shared with you guys.

How can I help?
    I find joy in making others happy (a big flaw in the personality of someone trying to collect tradable content) and so sharing these will be a fun experience. However, I won't know what to share after the main pop songs without requests. I need to know what you guys are after. You can search through the Jammer database from within the app.
    If you're a keen hacker with a good focus in networking, I could really use your help.
    Although most songs are $0.99 I don't really have the income to spend $0.99 per song to get/rip them for you. Donations are very much welcomed and appreciated (paypal.me/burntscarr)

If anyone here reading this works for Jammer, please contact me.
    My username is mostly universal across social media platforms and I try to keep my DMs open at all times.

[Edit - To be continued?]
    Last edited by burntscarr; 05-09-2018 at 06:24.
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

2. 05-09-2018  #2

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Thanks for this!