1. 30-03-2018  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

Question Annual Update

Good day to all of you on Lite Records. Around this time of year i like to hear back from our members and see what's going on. This includes asking if there are any changes needed and what the good and bad points are.

Last year (thread - http://literecords.com/showthread.ph...-we-do-for-you) we upgraded a lot of stuff. We put in a substantial amount of money and time to get things running faster, smoother and bigger. I included three of my thoughts that may be coming in the future. The outcome being:
    1. Embedded Videos - Completed and active.
    2. Mobile Theme - Abandoned (a lack of interest).
    3. Sphinx Search Engine - Installed and active.

We have also upgraded our servers once again to 8gb memory.

There are a couple of faults i am aware of. Tube platform will not allow uploading new audio/video, our conversion service needs some looking at. The Stream pages are not complete although linked on the home page (CMS), i am still unsure if im going to pursue it. On mobile devices some icons from the navigation bar are missing and others can be difficult to use, this will be corrected.

We have delivered lots of features that would be very useful to musicians but very little utilise them.
    We ask once again, what can we do for you?

Unfortunately our community seems to have dwindled away and Lite Records used as just a download site. Over the last 12 months we have deliberated what will happen next. If we believe this is the destiny of this site we may remove the community areas, keep only the download sections but change access restrictions so members would have to purchase access via one of a few means. We would open another site for the community members and regain the atmosphere we once had. I built this site for a network of musicians, not collectors or trading.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 31-03-2018  #2

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr3 View Post
    Good day to all of you on Lite Records. Around this time of year i like to hear back from our members and see what's going on. This includes asking if there are any changes needed and what the good and bad points are.

Last year (thread - http://literecords.com/showthread.ph...-we-do-for-you) we upgraded a lot of stuff. We put in a substantial amount of money and time to get things running faster, smoother and bigger. I included three of my thoughts that may be coming in the future. The outcome being:
    1. Embedded Videos - Completed and active.
    2. Mobile Theme - Abandoned (a lack of interest).
    3. Sphinx Search Engine - Installed and active.

We have also upgraded our servers once again to 8gb memory.

There are a couple of faults i am aware of. Tube platform will not allow uploading new audio/video, our conversion service needs some looking at. The Stream pages are not complete although linked on the home page (CMS), i am still unsure if im going to pursue it. On mobile devices some icons from the navigation bar are missing and others can be difficult to use, this will be corrected.

We have delivered lots of features that would be very useful to musicians but very little utilise them.
    We ask once again, what can we do for you?

Unfortunately our community seems to have dwindled away and Lite Records used as just a download site. Over the last 12 months we have deliberated what will happen next. If we believe this is the destiny of this site we may remove the community areas, keep only the download sections but change access restrictions so members would have to purchase access via one of a few means. We would open another site for the community members and regain the atmosphere we once had. I built this site for a network of musicians, not collectors or trading.
    Seeing that no one else has responded maybe you are right but Im gonna tell you that last paragraph pretty much seals in my doom on this site. Should I pack and leave now or after I am asked to make a donation to stay? Joining this site for me has been a dream come true but like most things in my life that are good they leave me high and dry. Sorry for such negativity but im blown away.... Good day!

3. 31-03-2018  #3

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    "keep only the download sections but change access restrictions so members would have to purchase access"

... so what it really comes down to is money? I for one dont have extra money to spend but have helped out in other ways..

4. 01-04-2018  #4

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    For new members only. Plus premium members run this site, nothing negative would happen to any premium account, only positive.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

5. 01-04-2018  #5

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Just by the latest response, I can see how this is going to turn out...

6. 01-04-2018  #6

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just by the latest response, I can see how this is going to turn out...
    Sorry Chris maybe I jumped the gun...

7. 01-04-2018  #7

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    For new members only. Plus premium members run this site, nothing negative would happen to any premium account, only positive.
    :* .....

8. 01-04-2018  #8

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    Sorry Chris maybe I jumped the gun...
    Lol...

9. 06-04-2018  #9

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    So... no posts actually replying to the content of the topic in the thread?

10. 06-04-2018  #10

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    So... no posts actually replying to the content of the topic in the thread?
    Nobody gives a shit bro. Like you said, people just come here to download, and be on their merry way.