Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Change a thread title

Hi!

I need some help with this thread please http://literecords.com/showthread.ph...Instrumentals)

I'm catching heat because of the misleading title which, I repeat, I apologize for since I thought it was lossless, so I wanted to know if it was possible for you to change it to just "Stereo Album Instrumentals". I tried to find an option to modify but I didn't find any. That'd be very kind of you =8

Thanks!

2. 25-03-2018  #2

Restricted

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    Well, you can do it, but in my opinion it actually makes it more misleading.

It is possible, but it results in this happening. The topic page will show up as the old title, but the new title won't show up until you actually go into the page. In this example, the original post is "Ed Sherman - Sing (RB4 Rip)" and the new title post is "Ed Sheeran - Sing (RB4 Rip). When browsing, it'll still show up as Ed Sherman, but you don't see Ed Sheeran until you actually click into the post.

In your case, if you were to change it, the forums will still show lossless until you actually click into the post. I feel this makes the post even more misleading especially when you see a "lossless" post and the post then shows it's not lossless. This is not to do with you, more some fault in the forum itself.

If you still want to change the title, here's how you do it.

1. Go to the post you want to edit and then click Edit Post at the bottom.

2. Click Go Advanced at the bottom.

3. Change title and save

If you even used the wrong Prefix, you can change this sometimes. This seems to be random how it works, but sometimes, you can get the option to change the prefix if you did use the wrong one. This is something I would like to have fixed if anything, because there are some posts I do have that I feel are a bit misleading because of titles that don't change on the forum or wrong tags.

Anyways, I hope this helped!

3. 25-03-2018  #3

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CringeLord View Post

It is possible, but it results in this happening. The topic page will show up as the old title, but the new title won't show up until you actually go into the page. In this example, the original post is "Ed Sherman - Sing (RB4 Rip)" and the new title post is "Ed Sheeran - Sing (RB4 Rip). When browsing, it'll still show up as Ed Sherman, but you don't see Ed Sheeran until you actually click into the post.

In your case, if you were to change it, the forums will still show lossless until you actually click into the post. I feel this makes the post even more misleading especially when you see a "lossless" post and the post then shows it's not lossless. This is not to do with you, more some fault in the forum itself.

3. Change title and save

If you even used the wrong Prefix, you can change this sometimes. This seems to be random how it works, but sometimes, you can get the option to change the prefix if you did use the wrong one. This is something I would like to have fixed if anything, because there are some posts I do have that I feel are a bit misleading because of titles that don't change on the forum or wrong tags.

I learned something new

4. 26-03-2018  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CringeLord View Post

3. Change title and save

Omg thanks alot! You're super nice! :*