1. 01-05-2017  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

What can we do for you?

Every now and again we like to hear from you members, how are we doing? what can we improve? should we change anything?...

I have had a look back on a previous thread asking for you opinions. We have changed so much since then, listened to your feedback and improved so much:

• THANKS button to unlock content instead of replying. This helps stop pointless one word replies simply thanking the poster. THANKS also bumps the thread. THANKS count is displayed in the thread list in Green Zone forums.
    • Stream is now online playing 24/7 remixes from our playlist. You can email your remixes to our DJ manager and they could make it to our playlist. You can connect to the Stream, broadcast live worldwide in 320 KBPS quality (we will be accepting mix tapes soon too). We have created a container at the top of the forums displaying current artist/DJ, track/show with online indicator (to show when a DJ is playing live), desktop/device player links & HTML5 web player if you prefer to listen from the site. All AJAX refreshed.
    • Regular DJ's will now be upgraded to a premium account where they will have access to our exclusive VIP/Premium lounge. Members who legitimately earn 500 credits (and maintain them) will also be offered a Premium account upgrade.
    • Link Verifier Bot performs daily scans to search for dead/inactive links. This bot moves the thread to the Recycle Bin forum and PM's the thread creator notifying them.
    • We are in the process of perfecting our News Feed platform where members & guests can read interesting articles on many things related to Lite Records and the music community.
    • There is a new Support Ticket system to have your queries addressed directly, quickly & efficiently by staff.
    • We have expanded our FAQ knowledge base. Some of the key new content is: how to use BBCode correctly, what do the prefix icons mean in the Green Zone, how to set search parameters & all Stream-based information.
    • Re-introduced competitions for artists to test their skills against other members, offering our biggest prizes yet!
    • All new navigation menu for easy accessibility. Also working notifications for THANKS, replies & PM's with AJAX refresh.
    • A container showing the latest posts (including THANKS) & top member stats on a number of criteria.
    • New emojis from Apple's database (more to come).
    • We are using Facebook more to promote articles. You can use Facebook too to LIKE posts.
    • New embedding script for YoutTube.
    • Now add your social media links and have them displayed in the postbit to advertise your profiles in every post you make.
    • When you rate a track in 'Showcase Your Tracks' the author now receives a credit. Share the love and help out your fellow musicians.
    • All account subscription/upgrade purchases are now instantly activated.
    • We have again upgraded our server:
      2GB/2CPU - 40gb SSD - 3TB transfer (PREVIOUS)
      4GB/2CPU - 60gb SSD - 4TB transfer (UPGRADE)

We have spent a lot of money recently and worked hundreds of hours coding. We are always looking to make things better for you. Have your say, what can we do better?

- My thoughts...
    I want to create a container on the forum home displaying threads (with embedded videos) within Showcase Your Tracks. Also in the pipeline is a mobile theme. It will be stripped-down but still include shares for members using cloud browsers. We're also looking at replacing the default vBulletin search engine with a Sphinx search engine for much faster and flexible results.

Last edited by Thr33; 01-05-2017 at 15:25.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 01-05-2017  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    share more of the users' mixes

3. 01-05-2017  #3

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    For now, my only complaint is the search function. It takes ages to find something where you have clearly typed what you're searching. Before posting thread, when writing the title, you know that it shows already posted threads with the same name - that search works very well. I wish we could use that instead of the one on the navigation bar.

4. 01-05-2017  #4

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    An impressive list of improvements that defenitely made the side even better. Furthermore I agree with djtayz that the search function could be improved.

5. 01-05-2017  #5

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Site is much better. Maybe just improve the search as the others mentioned.

6. 01-05-2017  #6

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I support your complaints on the search system. Unfortunately vBulletin's standard search has always been terrible but until today I didn't think there was an alternative, I am intensely looking into the Sphinx plugin. It comes at a cost so when/if registrations and subscriptions improves I think I'll be installing it to the database.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

7. 01-05-2017  #7

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    I love all the improvements and look forward to the future here at LR! I do have to agree with everyone else that the search feature is the only downfall at this time. Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes.

8. 01-05-2017  #8

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    You've done quite a bit recently, all for the better, especially having Thank You bump the thread.

As everyone else stated the search function is a pain, but it's nice to see you're looking at an alternative.

The only thing I can think of to improve on is possibly adding a re-up request section, where it wouldn't cost 10 credits to request something that has already been shared here. Maybe this could be in the form of a question in the notification that goes out to someone whose post goes to the recycle bin of whether they intend to re-up the post, and if not, would they mind someone else reposting it. Then all people who have thanked that post would receive a notification and request to re-up that file. It could also simply be a separate section with a lower or no credit charge. Just a thought after reading a post in the request section last week where someone payed 12 credits for a reposted file. Just a thought.

9. 01-05-2017  #9

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    @mrbassiam the current method is almost the same.

A thread goes down, the link verified bot detects it. The bot moves the thread to the recycle bin then notifies the author. The author can then repair that link or another member can who have found the thread, it's "fastest finger first". I believe this to be adequate enough awareness of a dead link.

10. 02-05-2017  #10

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I agree, and that person should have reported the link as dead. Possibly reached out to others who they knew had the file for a re up (I'm not sure on the etiquette here). I personally ask questions of the admins or long time members for advice, and have received very good guidance. It was just a thought ...