Forum: General Chat   Thread: Dead Links Notice

1. 13-12-2016  #11

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I just want to get something clear. You're saying the original poster has one week to re up, then the post will be removed from the dead links section forever? Will there be a list of removed songs? How will we know what has been removed? Or, what version of a song has been removed? Some songs have several versions due to separation , quality, etc.. I hope there is some way to address this, so that people who do re up, such as Gill Bates, have an easy time providing that service to the entire community.

PS. i do realize that moderating isn't an easy task, and thankless to boot, so i hope this helps all your efforts ... they are greatly appreciated.

2. 14-12-2016  #12

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    This week is a period for members to search through the dead links and take advantage of re-uploading these files. After the 7 days is up we will be emptying the bin.

From then, i will run the script through acapellas, instruments and track stems. All dead links will be moved to the dead links area and the original poster will be sent a PM notification.

This script will be added to a daily schedule to run throughout the green zone and constantly remove dead links and notifying author. Files will remain in the dead link section for 30 days. Either the author or another member can fix links within the dead links area and it will become active once more. It's first come first serve despite if you are the author of the previous link or not.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017