1. 04-06-2016  #1

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What sound FX is this

Could anyone please tell me with what sound effect it is possible to make this. The sample is taken from the Shep Pettibone remixes of Express Yourself by Madonna. Hopefully somecan tell which VST can be used.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yo1gkj68c85lsh9/Express+yourself.rar.

Thanks in advance

2. 13-07-2016  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Instead of RAR, it'd be nice if you linked to a YT vid, with the timecode of the SFX. saves us hassle.

3. 05-09-2016  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't know which particular one is used in that sample but the way I do it is using an automatic gater. Try dblue_glitch (v1.2 or later, haven't tried others) and solo on the Gater for the FX, then set the speed to 4 (it sounds like 4). Now, because this sample does L/R bouncing back, I'd just duplicate the track, pan on left, the other right. The one on the right, apply the same settings but shift the timing by 1 or 2, that way you'll have that gater "ping pong" effect.

p.s.: I know Gater sounds like "Oh, well it's a gate to duck sounds lower than a certain threshold, etc", but no, not with VSTs such as dblue_glitch. It acts according to the time (and sub quarter, sixteenth notes, etc) automatically and ducks 100% and lasts for as long as you want it (50% is often the default value). Of course, you have to set your BPM correctly because it relies on that. Hope this helps

4. 04-10-2016  #4

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Thanks neuronix. I 've been searching for the fx for a long time. Thanks again.