1. 29-03-2015  #1

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ripping 5.1 audio from a dvd iso rar

I have a few 5.1 dvd iso rar albums that I'd like to test out for separated audio channels.
    I've watched some tutorials, but most are a bit outdated. So maybe there's some better apps out now?

I assume I can just mount the iso on the desktop from the rar file without having to burn a dvd?

I'm on a Macbook, but I use Windows XP in Parallels since I still use Sony Acid DAW for sequencing.

Any detailed help is greatly appreciated. :)

2. 29-03-2015  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Is it a 5.1 Audio or Video file?
    Ripping I don't know how to do, except from CDs through iTunes.

But after that there's a program, Tranzcode for windows CMD (basic DOS program) to separate the files.

Basically open the .exe program with CMD, and type tranzcode "C:\Users\User\Documents\whatever else\folder\folder\etc\5.1 File.wav"

Then the files should come out in the folder where Tranzcode is.

ISO files can be opened like archives, so if you can locate the audio files in there, or find a way to rip audio from DVD's then you can do the above stuff to get them separated.

If you need any further help, I'm always on Skype with the same username as on here, burntscarr

Update!
    So, after looking into it, and getting some uploaded (Warm Bodies, Pitch Perfect) I decided to let you know.
    I got a program (torrented for premium version) called WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. With this you can rip ISO's of DVD's, or use the disc OR .iso to get the .ac3 files from the disc/file. The .ac3 files are basically the .moggs of 5.1 audio.
    Drag one into Audacity or REAPER or whatever you'd use, and it will show the separated parts. Figuring out those parts is a bit more, just remember center is a MONO file, then there is surround and rear. Surround should have some commonalities with center, and rear should have the reverb mostly. the LFE file is the Low Frequencies, bass.

you can export them each as WAV/FLAC/ALAC/etc, since .ac3 on most movies is lossless, or you can upload the whole .ac3 file for us to use.

If you've found a site that focuses on the sharing of .ISO files for movies, I'd love to visit it!

Again, if you need any help from me doing any of this, add me on Skype. Username: burntscarr

Last edited by burntscarr; 28-06-2015 at 19:21.

3. 16-06-2015  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If you're on a Mac, you can install the freeware Handbrake. Then you can open the ISO file (click on Source), select the Audio tab and choose your choice of audio mixdown (I guess Dolby Surround will be 5.1). The full user guide for Handbrake is quite detailed: https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/HandBrakeGuide

4. 16-06-2015  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    DVD Audio Extractor lets you extract AC3, DTS and LPCM streams from any DVD. You can also save 6-channel audio as six separated wavs. You should also pick eac3to for quick and easy format conversion, and foobar2000 (with the AC3 and DTS plugins) if you just want to play back the files.

5. 16-06-2015  #5

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    If your albums contain DVD-Audio music encoded as MLP (that is, they have AOB files in the AUDIO_TS folder), you will have to use DVD Audio Extractor or Foobar2000 (again, you'll have to find the DVDA component) to decode the files to WAV or FLAC, since MLP is a lossless format.

6. 28-06-2015  #6

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    (Updated my previous post)
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

7. 07-12-2015  #7

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Foobar2000 was my option and I can rip my .ISO files without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wizfrikiman View Post
    If your albums contain DVD-Audio music encoded as MLP (that is, they have AOB files in the AUDIO_TS folder), you will have to use DVD Audio Extractor or Foobar2000 (again, you'll have to find the DVDA component) to decode the files to WAV or FLAC, since MLP is a lossless format.

8. 01-04-2017  #8

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    DVD Audio Extractor is the easiest way by far, but Foobar is free and will cover any situation you could think of.