Forum: Introductions   Thread: Noob Alert!

1. 21-03-2015  #1

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Noob Alert!

Salutations, gang! The name's Andy. Pretty much a noob to this stuff. And not savvy with the forum stuff either--may need etiquette lessons.

Meanwhile, getting into mashups and loving it so far! Jack of many instruments, master of none. I tend to dabble in everything by nature, which is what led me into making mashups in the first place.

Did anyone else here get started by accident? I mean, I wanted to try putting some songs together because, well, I'm a dabbler, and after my first couple of mashups I just can't stop. Every song I hear now I'm analyzing chord progressions and cross-referencing with other songs in my head!

But I imagine I'll get bored of it soon enough, like everything I've ever done! For now, looking forward to chatting and sharing with y'all!

2. 28-05-2015  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Hi Andy, welcome!!! I saw your Robert Palmer post and smiled 'cause I've only seen it at 1 place, though that 1 is eleven channels, and appears to be exactly what you put up here. Surprised it hasn't been posted previously, even more surprised you found the non-encrypted one! FYI, if it's the same as I have, it's NOT a DIY, but all tracks have bleed, with a DIY separation of the vox and keys (song stem).

I too, also started by accident, coming across a French site with masters (not stems), of Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley and ... Nirvana?????? Go figure. That led to finding all the GH/Rockband stems, and as a musician I was intrigued. As a bass player in a cover band, I found out I really did have a damn good ear ... mostly!

I've got a lot to say, but I'll shut up now!!! This is a great community, a lot of really decent people here, so enjoy your stay, and happy hunting for little gems!!!!

Cheers!!!

3. 29-05-2015  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hello Andy. We are similar in ways we are different. :-P

I haven't had much incentive for mash ups except to combine a single version with a dance mix and merge them together. But I grew up in the 80's so my interest is in extended mixes. And also doing my own. When I hear songs on the radio my mind is churning away and I have already remixed then in my head. I stored a few templates up there. :-)

I used to muck around in my early teens cutting record to tape and doing remixes but there is only so much you can do without isolated tracks. And it was barely last year I accidently discovered multitrack stems! So my old hobby rose up again in a rebirth. And instead of playing by ear I now edit by sight. Each to our own .:-D

4. 02-06-2015  #4

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Hi Andy I really hope you enjoy your time here, and never give up on mashups or other types of production!

I started out here, somewhat by accident.
    I heard an instrumental on YouTube, and then saw in the related area an acapella of the same song. This lead me searching for many many more, and I eventually found a site called BlackLabelled, which was around when LazyRecords was still a thing, then LiteRecords was the update to LazyRecords, and BlackLabelled mentioned the site a LOT.

So, when BlackLabelled closed down, I moved here a while after, and learned the ways of sharing what I've got to get some in return. BlackLabelled didn't have the Reputation (Credit) system, and everything was open there besides the VIP section.

Here, you can get anything by earning/buying credits, which is GREAT! It get a lot of people new content to use.
    I've only made two mashups in my life, and they are both (I think) still on my SoundCloud if you want to check them out.

I'm a jack of many instruments myself, and master of two. I hope you don't give up because music leads to the most open doors, being a universal language, and the best way to express the random thoughts you get in your head.

Have fun!
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)