1. 10-03-2015  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Click Track

Hello folks, I am using Audacity to put whichever tacks of a multitrack together. Can you please tell me if there is an easy way to add a click track in perfect time to the stems or multitracks?
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Thank you

2. 18-05-2015  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I export the files from audacity to wav files. Then i put the tracks into Logic Pro X and use the beat mapping feature. As far as Audacity, I don't think there's a way to do it but I could be wrong.

3. 19-05-2015  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I tempo map the files in Cubase . Again, not sure if you can do it with Audacity ?

4. 26-05-2015  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you so much for this information. Is tempo or beat mapping a long process or is it a function of the program? Sorry I am very new to this

5. 02-06-2015  #5

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Cubase can do it automatically, although I still do it manually via Time Warp . A lot of modern music has a set tempo as it was recorded to a click . The older stuff didn't use clicks and the song is at the mercy of the drummer lol . You can get your eyes opened to how much some drummers can not keep time . When you have Tempo Mapped the song in Cubase , you can then smooth out the tempo without effecting pitch . You could also slow or speed up the song

6. 02-06-2015  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you very much...this has helped immensley

7. 05-06-2015  #7

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I find it easier to look up a song's tempo, or tap it in yourself on a place like http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm
    I look up tempos/key on audiokeychain.com
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

8. 05-12-2015  #8

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUntalentedOne View Post
    Cubase can do it automatically, although I still do it manually via Time Warp . A lot of modern music has a set tempo as it was recorded to a click . The older stuff didn't use clicks and the song is at the mercy of the drummer lol . You can get your eyes opened to how much some drummers can not keep time . When you have Tempo Mapped the song in Cubase , you can then smooth out the tempo without effecting pitch . You could also slow or speed up the song
    So far I tried to align a track that was recorded with a click to the grid, but with no luck. Could you explain this more how you do that? I'm using Cubase, too.

9. 15-12-2015  #9

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    You need Cubase 6 or higher . If it was recorded to a click you need to set the Cubase tempo to match track BPM. Cubase can work out the BPM/Tempo. I think it is in the edit menu ( sorry not at my computer with cubase at present ) A simple google might also get the track's BPM ?

When you get it lined up you can go to the advanced audio menu at the top of screen . You want to select "set definition from tempo" for the selected audio track/tracks. When this process is finished you can slow/speed up the track without effecting pitch

10. 07-01-2016  #10

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There is another route to this situation, and most DAWs will let you do this one way or another:

write MIDI information from audio peak events.

You can use for example a drum replacement plug inn to register peaks on the snare track and send the output MIDI to a VST that will write a note event on a MIDI track. If you have a drum replacement plug inn that does not send MIDI out, you record the triggered event to it´s own track (you can use a side stick instead of a snare). In fl Studio you can use the peak master plugin, and there are other audio to MIDI plugs available. Some editing and manual adjustments will always be necessary.