Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. snapcraklepop
    05-08-2017  #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperShark61 View Post
    at the end of bohemian rhapsody on one of the tracks you can hear freddy saying oh f**k it
    i think they removed that in the final track
    He's actually saying "Oh, fucking hell" (The "hell" gets cut off early, which is why many people mishear it as "oh, fuck it".)

2. 07-03-2018  #22

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    on Madonna borderline you can hear her say "should I stop" then the desk engineer/producer says "Sing Sing"

on band on the run you can hear paul stamping his feet along to the beat to keep time.

I will try to remember a few others and then add them in to this post.

3. 05-04-2018  #23

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    i also heard on the queen - bohemian rhapsody multi, freddie and brian burp at the start, and laugh, then says, right, klets fuckin do this tracks then,,

4. 07-04-2018  #24

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames, Guitar Hero Smash Hits/Greatest Hits stem set has the keys and backing/rhythm guitar in one stem. I immediately could tell that the backing guitar was played by someone other than Herman Li or Sam Totman.

The rhythm guitar stem from the Guitar Hero III stem set is completely different, and when I actually look at the DLC chart for RS 2014 (took bloody long enough), I observed that lead and rhythm guitar were charted in RS2014 as it was in GHIII.

When looking at the RB3 DLC stem set, I noticed that Keys is the chorus in the background for the majority of the song, but there are no separated vocals stems. Also, the guitar stem is lead and backing/rhythm combined, and sounds terrible by itself.

The drum stems from both Smash Hits and RB3 sets have odd echoes from other stems, but RB3's stem set is the worse of the two, with the vocals leaking in at points (kinda have to be listening for that because it isn't obvious but it is there).

In many songs with censored lyrics (due to the ESRB being a bunch of wussies or because of laaaaaaame copyright garbage or both), listening to the vocals stems often leads to hearing the censored lyrics either at a very low and next to inaudible level, or only partially censored lyrics, but enough to satisfy the pundits of censorship (yeah, don't get me started on them).

The backing vocals for Snot - Deadfall (Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock), are half-censored at best, but since the enunciation of the lyrics is rocket speed fast, that's no surprise. There are parts where one could re-add the censored lyrics (I did this already), and it doesn't sound too bad ('Well, vivé la f***ing France, man!' is all vocals so that is very easy).

There's likely a lot of things I've noticed, but what's really funny is that after hearing the stems, I can listen to the downmixed version and still hear the stems, if I focus on it....lol

5. 09-08-2018  #25

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    on MJ's "Billy Jean" i've always thought, the basic "ohh" chords / sound is just a synth, but he sang and layered that damn thing for the whole song. No auto tune needed :-D

6. 11-08-2018  #26

Restricted

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    The GH WoR Stems for My Chemical Romance - Teenagers has shit partially censored. The lead is censored, but for some reason the backing vocals are just turned down and left in there.

Original volume

The "censored" part turned up

Fun Fact: In the DLC preview for the MCR pack in GH WoR, Teenagers is left uncensored.

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life. In between the first chorus and second verse (I think that's where it is) He says "Can I hold it?" Most likely making a reference to the mic. Sorry Iggy, but it would probably be a bad idea to hold a microphone like you're on stage in a studio setting.

On a more recent note, Irene Cara - Flashdance... What A Feeling has a few random takes of the chorus where she screws up on the first line. On one of the takes, she screws up and then says "Uh oh, shit."

Aerosmith - Eat the Rich has Steven Tyler making a lot of weird sounds throughout the entire song. A lot of times it sounds like he's quietly burping or clearing his throat REALLY loudly.
    Last edited by CringeLord; 11-08-2018 at 00:49.

7. 22-08-2018  #27

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I would have noticed certain nuances that would have been hard to hear after being lost in the master mix.

But for me this didn't start with stems alone. It started when I listened to extended mixes and heard sounds I didn't notice before. At first I would dispute it being original and consider it an extra overdub since it was louder or I just never noticed the sound before. But then I would go back and listen to the radio mix and suddenly it was there and I had become aware. Become aware, lol. :-)

For example, INXS "New Sensation" has some synthy melody on the end, that stands out in the remix. John Waite "Missing You" features this wooden "knock knock" sound early on in the extended mix. Never heard that before but in the radio mix it is in there around the second half of each verse.

I realise I didn't give an stem examples so hopefully not too off topic. ;-)
    Last edited by Hypex; 22-08-2018 at 07:34.

8. 07-12-2018  #28

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tom Petty used more samples fake instruments that I thought. Programmed hi hat on Free fallin' and programmed drums and even bass on Runnin' Down a Dream.

9. 07-12-2018  #29

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Also in general from a production engineering standpoint it's really interesting the hear the bass tones as those are often hard to get at from listening to a full track.