1. 13-10-2013  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Making Lists for Traders???

hi guys,, this is something that has bothered me many times,, i have 1000s of acapellas,, nearly 8 gb worth, of all different genres, from 6-s, right up to current date,, now,, is there ANY way that someone knows how i can put this list into a txt document?? without actually having to write them all out??? ive tried the copy n paste way etc etc,, and no luck,, does any1 know if theres a way to do it without typing them all out again?? my media files ive already uploaded to, so theyre all ready to go, and ideally i would like to somehow copy the contents of each folder, into a txt doc, so i can post on here,, is there a way?? or a program that will help me?? or do i have to do it the long ass way and type the ALL out,, any help would be really appreciated,,

2. 14-10-2013  #2

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    For PC, there is a DOS method, also "Snag It" program works well, as Mac goes, I can't help you there, sorry.

3. 14-10-2013  #3

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    as Mac goes, I can't help you there, sorry.
    For Mac he could turn the list into a .pdf if he makes a playlist of all of the Acapellas on iTunes

Steps:
    File>Print
    Settings: Print: Song List, Theme: Songs
    Print... (Should be on bottom right)
    PDF ▼ (Should be on bottom left)>Save As PDF...
    Save it as whatever name
    Open the PDF
    Then just copy and paste what you need into the list.

That's all i know.

4. 14-10-2013  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    sorry guys,, i dont think i asked the right question,, scenario: im a pc owner, win 7,, i goto my acapella folder, and i have looooooooooooooads of mp3s, and wavs in there, ( all as icons, or details ), now, i wanna put all them into a list, eg word, word pad, notepad, etc etc,, so i can post em up on the traders site, the select all function just copies the actual mp3s etc etc, so when u try n paste em in word, it says nooooo,, is there a way to make a list from these,, without actually haveing to type out, 8,378 files, lol

5. 14-10-2013  #5

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    sorry guys,, i dont think i asked the right question,, scenario: im a pc owner, win 7,, i goto my acapella folder, and i have looooooooooooooads of mp3s, and wavs in there, ( all as icons, or details ), now, i wanna put all them into a list, eg word, word pad, notepad, etc etc,, so i can post em up on the traders site, the select all function just copies the actual mp3s etc etc, so when u try n paste em in word, it says nooooo,, is there a way to make a list from these,, without actually haveing to type out, 8,378 files, lol
    maybe a screenshot? It's probably against the rules though

6. 14-10-2013  #6

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    It may sound complicated, but it is quite simple.

(1). From the ‘Start’ menu, go to All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt. A black DOS screen
    window will appear with the ‘DOS Prompt’ showing the drive letter and directory of your current location.
    Example: C:\Documents and Settings\your user name>.

(2). Type cd to go to the ‘directory’ that you want to document.
    Examples:
    cd C:\Acapellas or cd C:\users\dougal\desktop\acapellas.

(3). To get the complete directory tree with subdirectories and files, type dir /s, then press Enter. You will
    see the contents of the directory quickly scrolling on the DOS screen. If this is a large directory, you
    might see the screen running for some time. Once it stops you are ready to capture the contents of the
    directory.

(4). To save all the contents of the directory/subdirectory to a .txt file:

(4a). Think of what you want to name the file. For example if you are saving the ‘Acapellas’ folder from your C drive and you want to convert that into a .txt file named ‘acapellas’ type "dir /s>acapellas.txt." (without quotations).

(4b). To see the .txt file, go to My Computer, then open the C:\Acapellas folder (or wherever your acapellas folder is). It should be here and you should see the ‘acapellas.txt’.* file.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help.

7. 15-10-2013  #7

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    ahhhh chris,, brilliant msg there my man,, i will have a go at it 2moz,, im a pc engineer anyway, ( mainly viruses, windows probs etc etc ) so i followed ur command prompts pretty well just reading them,, ,, i just never knew this way of doing it,, but brilliant definition mate,, thanks sooo much,, will have a go in morning as been in studio alllll night on new track, thanx again tho mate,

8. 15-10-2013  #8

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    No problem mate, glad I can help. Now I know who to PM when my PC crashes. lol

9. 16-10-2013  #9

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    haha,, yeah ya more than welcome, i do quite a few over the fone so if that help, ring me ol chap haha,, will cost ya a rep hahahah im running low, lol

10. 16-10-2013  #10

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    ok,, just 1 more question, but thaks soooo much for you help by the way chris,, really have been a diamond on this, last and final question,, theres a looooooooooooot in my txt doc, all acapellas tho, nothing else, but i was just wondering, do i post JUST the txt document??? orrrrr shall i copy n paste the list, as theres a large amount im willing to share, trade upload etc etc, im willing to help out in anyway i can to the site, but, im trying to be carefull not to break any rules,,