Forum: General Chat   Thread: flac conversion...

1. 08-06-2013  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

flac conversion...

for some reason i have problems alllll the time with flac, can any1 suggest a decent program to use to get flac working fine, so i can export them as other formats??
    ( example ),, in the downloads section, theres some elvis mutlitracks, in flac,

according to the guy, just a case of using audacity, and exporting them, when i load the file into audacity,, i get many tracks, but all appear empty even if playing the files, ( no wavepatterns ),

ive tried all few other options, and u can hear the tracks ( together )working in wmp,, but i want to sepearate the files to remix, and play about with, mainly the acapella,

can any 1 help at all?? what am i doing wrong,, or am i doing summink wrong,,

2. 08-06-2013  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    I use switch sound file converter for all my conversions. It works really great for every file type, but after the free trial you won't be able to convert into a few types.

3. 08-06-2013  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dBpoweramp Music Converter is a pretty good software to use to quickly convert a bunch of FLAC files to other formats, but it isn't free.

4. 08-06-2013  #4

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I have 'Switch Sound File converter' and 'dBpoweramp' and I've never come across a sound file that one or the other wouldn't convert.

I downloaded Switch years ago when it was totally free, but now I think you have to pay (although it's not very much). I downloaded dBpoweramp just last week and it didn't cost anything (maybe there's a 'pro' version which you have to pay for?).

Both of these I can highly recommend!

5. 09-06-2013  #5

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Strange, FLAC plays fine for me in Audacity. Try downloading the Goldwave demo. You can use it without limits, you just get annoying licence messages after 1000 actions on it but you can still use it.
    Get all my remixes on mp3 Hidden Content

6. 09-06-2013  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    yeah i tried all the options above, and unfortunately, still no joy,, as i say, i have audacity,, it opens up the files, and u can see all the tracks, but theyre empty,,, normaly i would use audacity for such moggs etc etc,, if u look at the downloads section, theres a post elvis dtis, the 1 im trying to do is called " ( maries her name ) her latest flame, long story short, i just wanna be able to rip out the stems, ( mainly the acapella ), and remix it all, any suggestions?? maybe some1 could try it on their sampler, could be im possibly doing something wrong, but i dont think so,,

7. 09-06-2013  #7

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    hi guys,, thanx the dbpoweramp worked, i needed a pro version which i just went and got, and it worked, all in seperate tracks, unfortunately,, turned out crap, lol, was hoping for a clear acapella, or half decent 1 i could work with but failed epically,, lol, thanx loads for the help tho,, liking poweramp tho,, very handy,,
    thanx again guys,,