1. 04-12-2012  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys I'm Tom

I'll keep this short because the snow javascript is giving Chrome and this mac a run for it's money. I'm from the states but have lived in the UK for the past 5 years. I produce and dj deep and tech house but get me drunk enough and I'll dance to just about anything.

I first got in to dance music around 2007 through Justice and Boys Noize. About 3 months in to living in the UK, I'm in London at the MixMag Christmas party with a couple of friends to see Justice. It wasn't their actual show though, just a DJ set and the whole room was way too packed so we decide to head to one of the other rooms to see who else is playing. We're drunk and stumbling around and manage to find ourselves in the dubstep room where Caspa and Rusko are going b2b. Shit was ridiculous. After that I fall in love with dubstep. My buddies and I start putting together club nights (proud to say I've played alongside Slugabed) and doing our best to produce. So that's my dubstep phase. Then I guess about a year ago, I started getting sick of the screams and wobbles and start looking for something a little more chilled. For a while I'm searching for a new kind of music to champion. I visit some friends in NYC over the summer and we head to this thing in Brooklyn called Mr Saturdaynight to see Floating Points. I'm not quite sure what it was, but that night made me fall in love with deep and tech house. A that's what I've been producing and DJing ever since.

So that's my story. What's yours?

2. 05-12-2012  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    hey mate enjoy ur stay here!