1. 10-11-2011  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mastering on fl

ive made a few tunes now but i still down know how to master them, my mate showed me a pretty easy way a while bk but ive totally forgot how to do it

any help please?

2. 10-11-2011  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's a couple of ways to mastering in FL (or any DAW for that matter). There are mastering plugins about where you can use either presets or from scratch, izotope & t-racks are a couple of examples. You can also master using a mastering chain of effects such as slight eq'ing, compression & limiter etc..
    Last edited by AAJH; 10-11-2011 at 18:44. Reason: Extra info. ;)
    If any of my links are dead, just PM me requesting to re-up.

3. 20-11-2011  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    beh... there many ways to do something BUT u will never do a gd mastering with out any hardware. what u can do inside of FL Studio is only a premaster, and another BUT depends of your track work if is Equalized well and have all sounds on them place is easy to doit a PREMASTER if not .....
    anyway depends even of what genre u do. EX: if u do Minimal House and u want to create a premaster using Izotope vst's at the end it will be a mess, why?; izotope release a white noise in background (depends of your pc).or T-Racks that have awesome plugins but in minimal house is not gd,WHY? T-Racks have all what u need to create a gd premaster but only for Garage style or rock/urban/jazz whatever is Vintage, (natural instruments sounds/LIVE recordings).for digital music that u create on your pc it is very very gd and i suggest u is Sonalksys (for digital sounds) and Nomad (for both digital and vintage) try to use them both in all what u do EQ/Comp./filters all, combine them and u will get a great clean unique sound.
    Tutorials on HOW TO: r not so gd cause anyone of us producers have his own style, if u try to master a project after some gd tutorials at the end u will not get the sound lik u want to.
    yeah u can read them and see the difference between them and learn some about equalizing/compressing and all, but never i repeat never do lik them. use your ears and do your own premaster from your own style.
    [center]Hidden Content
    <<<Hidden Content >>><<-->><<<Hidden Content >>><<-->><<<Hidden Content >>>[/center]

4. 16-08-2012  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DjThe Hardshutter View Post
    izotope release a white noise in background (depends of your pc).
    I think you might be referring to dithering. Which is important to help with sample drops during bitrate changes.

5. 19-08-2012  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you will hear the great difference of just using EQ to your sounds

6. 28-08-2012  #6

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    The easiest way to master in fl studio is to put the Fruity Multiband Compressor on the master channel, put the limiter on, adjust the volume gain underneath the limiter button if you need to. Then fiddle with the low band/mid band/high band gains. Start at about: low band 3.0db, mid band 4.9db, high band 4.5 then mess about and see what sounds right for you. If you're new to mastering this is a good way to start.
    Get all my remixes on mp3 Hidden Content

7. 03-09-2012  #7

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the idea of mastering is to make ur tune sound as fat as possible while keeping the volume low i try not to let my master go over -2db doing this by tweking the volume of each sound adding some e'q , compression when done i then add izotope to finish off, i think every 1 has there own idiea of mastering you just need to find the best one for yourself

8. 20-03-2016  #8

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mastering is a pretty wishy-washy process with no "one size fits all" setting. Different practices will be required in different tracks. Just the way it is. Now, if you're asking about what tools are usually used in mastering, that is a much easier question with a more straightforward answer. In mastering, you usually use compressors/limiters or perhaps some kind of multiband compressor (just dynamics processing in general) to get make the audio levels a little more uniform in your sound. Beforehand, you can always touch up the track with EQ (preferably parametric EQs) to get the exact tones you want or to get rid of piercing, annoying high frequencies. The sound you are going for in your stereo mix will determine what needs to be applied in your mastering stage.

9. 06-02-2017  #9

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    631 Posts
    I use Elysia plugin when mastering my drum covers